Tradition no longer being made?!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisbradley6

just a little chin-crazy!
I just got a call from my local feed store, where I order my Chins Tradition pellets. They told me that Hubbard will no longer be making Tradition for chinchillas. Yikes! Has any one else heard this yet? Or am I being lied to?

I don't have enough left to safely switch to something new. Anyone have any suggestions where to order just a little bit? Or which food to switch to? I'm still worried my babies will get upset stomachs.. .

Any suggestions are welcome!!!

You can check with Sandi on here. She used to sell Tradition and you might even be able to just pick it up as she's in and about Chicago as well.

If she doesn't have it anymore www.ryersonchinchilla.com.

I would be very surprised if they were no longer milling Tradition. You can always contact Hubbard in Ohio to ask for sure. I would assume that is where yours gets shipped from.

I just checked their website and could not find the Traditions brand. The chinchilla feed they have up is call Hubbard Life.

I haven't heard anything about them discontinuing the feed. I just called my local feed store and they said they'd order a few bags for me and that I'd get it this weekend. I put a call in to a few people that would know something, but I haven't heard back.

I received a call from Hubbard Feeds corporate office in Minnesota and was told that they have no plans in discontinuing the chinchilla feed.

I would have been shocked if they had. Ryerson's, JAGS, Ritterspach and many others use this feed and they have huge herds.

Is Brytin exactly the same as tradition? Just re packed?
Cause on the website they had Hubbard life and brytin as separate feeds, I am starting my chins on brytin, just want to be sure it's a good enough feed for them.

Back