TOV??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qtpie61282

This little girl has developed this black mask on her as she has grown
and I started to wonder if she is possible TOV.

Her great grand sire is BV, but I know one of her parents needs to be TOV to pass it to her.
Her mom is a Het Ebony and dad is a White Ebony....the BV is on moms side.

Any thoughts??

Can you get us a pic of the top of her paws? Paw spats can help confirm that she is TOV. Sometimes the TOV isn't clearly obvious on some mutes. But she could also just have that type of patterning.

Looks like a regular mask to me, whites can get just as dark as a standard on top (black). Tov also adds a texture to the fur as well as the masking/spotting.

If you have a microscope and find a strand of fur that is dark all the way down you can pluck it and compare to a Velvet fur and you'll see the difference.

Paw stripes can show up on any color. :))

I have many whites that show that mask as they grow and they arent't tov Jen. There is a definite velvety texture to a tov but on whites it is sometimes hidden.

awesome, thanks for the tips guys. I really doubted her being TOV but she is my first white with the mask on her head so I figured I would get the opinions of you all who have more experience with velvets and tov's :)

Her great grand sire is BV, but I know one of her parents needs to be TOV to pass it to her.

Any thoughts??

It can be difficult to identify tov characteristics in white specimens. maybe one parent has the tov gene, but that's not so obvious. but i can't tell if this pup is tov. maybe if you show some pictures of him younger it will be easier to see.

Any thoughts??

Ownnt, it is very very cute

Back