Tov Mosaic or White Mosaic???

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marie174

I can't tell if my chin is a tov mosaic or white mosaic. she has some black at base of her tail that covers almost half of the top and then some darks areas on two of her legs...

I would say a white mosaic by the pictures. Do you know the colors of her parents? Tov's usually have more masking than she has.

She looks like my mosaics and they are not TOV. It can be hard to tell with whites since the white gene can hide the TOV. The only way to know for sure is to breed to a standard and see of you get any black velvets. If this chin is just a pet, then it really does not make a difference.

She is a doll I adore her! The seller told me she was a he when I got her at only 8 weeks old. I later more recently realized he was actually a she!! Which is disturbing because I had purchased her to be buds with my 5 month old male black velvet. I'm worried they may mate and of the lethal factor if she is a tov. But they're bonded as I am to both of them and I'd hate to separate them... The lady I bought her from didn't return my calls or texts when I found out her sex. I'm pretty new to chins and they looked pretty similar to me.

Are you saying that she has been with the male since she was 8 weeks. She could already be pregnant and that could kill her. Separate them NOW before she ends up dead

You REALLY need to separate these chins. They are way to young to breed and based on the actions of the lady you purchased from, their genetic background is completely unknown. Breeding this young has a high likelihood of leading to the death of both the mom and the kits.

Back