Tossing Food

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MinatoandChili

Hi guys I just came here with a question. It’s not a concern at all, I just wanted to see if anybody else had a chin who does this or maybe why they do this? My chin Minato is pretty lazy and somewhat has a dramatic personality. When he’s eating, at times he grabs his food from the bowl and throws it to the ground😂 He use to do this with his old food bowl which was wooden but I changed it to glass because he would just flip over the food. Sometimes he eats normally and other times he feels the need to throw it and I don’t know why. And I know he understands I don’t like it because I’ll raise my voice and he just moves his ears. I’d say “Minato” and he lifts his head up and listens to me but then proceeds to throw it and I go an pick it up. Again, it’s not a concern I just wonder if it’s his funny personality or if someone else experiences this!

I experienced that once with an old chinchilla. I think she was just picky and so she would throw it to the side. I don't think it should be a concern if nothing else notable is going on though.

I experienced that once with an old chinchilla. I think she was just picky and so she would throw it to the side. I don't think it should be a concern if nothing else notable is going on though.
Thanks for the response and I apologize for the late response! But I totally agree. Not really a concern I just thought it’d be fun to know if it was mainly a personality type thing

I think she was just picky and so she would throw it to the side.
Thanks for the response and I apologize for the late response! But I totally agree. Not really a concern I just thought it’d be fun to know if it was mainly a personality type thing
Minato is picky and wants to make a point.😄 How is he by the way?

He’s doing good! And you’re totally right. Each and every night he digs in his food and throws it on the ground loud enough for me to hear it since we share a room. Later he jumps on the bed and wakes me up almost every other hour just to make a statement😂 But he’s doing well, just making me giggle each and every day! Thank you for asking!

He’s doing good! And you’re totally right. Each and every night he digs in his food and throws it on the ground loud enough for me to hear it since we share a room. Later he jumps on the bed and wakes me up almost every other hour just to make a statement😂 But he’s doing well, just making me giggle each and every day! Thank you for asking!
Haha, he's not in a cage?

Haha, he's not in a cage?
Yes, I built his cage to be around 6ft tall. He has a cage inside my room but I don’t have a door in his cage because he loves running around my room and checking on me during random times.

That's cool. Does he sleep on the bed as well?😄

Nope but he sure does annoy me in the night😂 He loves to jump on the bed and get near my plants even though he knows he’ll get in trouble for it! I have a table next to my bed and next to it would be some Pothos hanging long enough that he would reach them. But ever since I figured he reached them, I moved the table so he doesn’t bite or chew on them and he gets so mad😂 Sometimes I feel bad because he tries his hardest to reach it, but no matter how many chew toys I buy him, he goes for the objects he shouldn’t get

Back