Too Tall?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaddyslilDimwit

My husband and I just made a cage and it's 2 ft wide, 2 ft deep and about 7 ft tall. We have ledges placed so they can't fall too far. But... Is it too tall, should it be wider instead?

I know the picture is fuzzy, but you can get an idea. It is anchored to the wall so it is stable. It looks like a skyscraper though.

And I am going to be replacing all the plastic with wood and fleece as my paychecks come in. Hehe

It's sort of hard to tell from the picture. Is there a full ledge/shelf or a hammock so if the chinchilla misses a ledge near the top they will not fall to far down?

That looks great to me and they love height! The higher the cage the further they can fling the poops. :))

I personally think the bigger the better. They love to hop from shelf to shelf and this gives your chin a lot of that! As long as they can't fall a distance and get hurt if they miss a shelf.

YAY! I did good. Hehe. And yea, they have flung Poop a good 15 feet already. For joy :D But they seems happy as can be.

Back