Too old for nose piercing?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

susansheila

Welcome to my zoo
Okay guys, call it what you want. But I have been considering getting my nose pierced for a long time. My daughter turned 16 in October and she had her nose pierced and it really looks cute. Just a tiny diamond stud. But I'll be 44 in April and not sure if that's too old. I would do a real tiny diamond stud as well. And yes believe it or not my parents are going to think I am crazy :crazy: Any advice on how to handle their comments? I don't have a job where a boss or people will care.

Well, I'm ready for all comments. Good and bad, lol. Thanks for reading!

As a guy, I don't personally care for those piercings. The girls constantly look like they have a booger. Besides that, it messes with the symmetry of the face.
That being said- every time I have asked a girl why she got one of those, she said it was for her. And with that I can agree. If you think it looks good and makes you feel good/more attractive, go for it. I know several ladies who went with their daughters and both got them.

I'm 22 and I think it would look great, my aunt has one and she got her's when I did, and her's looks really good. She's 47. I love any kind of peircings, I have everything you can think of peirced ( EVERYTHING) LOL. But it's your body! And I say go for it! Go to a store and get the nail Jewls and stick one on your nose and see if you like it first though before making the step of paying that much, and then maybe not likeing it!

I think if you keep it just a tiny little stud it looks super cute..no matter what age you are.

I don't think age should factor into this at all, if it is something tasteful. You need to do what makes you happy, not what pleases others. If I listenend to anyone else, it would be my family. Otherwise, I say go for it.

I'm a piercing and tattoo lover!! I support the right to have em wherever your heart desires. Age should NEVER be a factor!!

That being said, a nose ring is the one that I don't get. It's not able to be used for any other stimulation and what happens when you get a cold? My friend has one and won't leave her house when she's sick because she says it gets so gross. I will say though, a small diamond stud does look cute.

I have everything you can think of peirced ( EVERYTHING) LOL.
Nice... just what I'd want everyone to think of when they see me. And I doubt you have the webs on your toes pierced... I thought of that though, so you must.

OP - I would do what you want to do. If your parents say anything just say hey I'm having fun and expressing myself and it's not affecting my life in a negative way ( losing your job or anything).

I really want to dye the tips of my hair purple.. but I'm trying to get in at the hospital, so it's probably not the best time... lol. Because of my profession in the medical field I also avoid having tattoos in visible areas. Now I'm not saying that tattoos affect a persons ability to do their job, etc. but at this point in society it is still not accepted as a "professional look". If I was planning on going back to drafting for the rest of my life, sitting at a desk, I would get it done with no worries.
The only time someone in a professional field of work with tattoo bothers me personally is when they look all faded and worn out. Tattoos require maintenance and touch ups throughout life people... I have one I'd like to get on my inner arm/wrist, but because my hands are the focus in a lot of procedures, I have chosen not to. I also think it would be awesome to have a bar code on the back of my neck... again might freak people out, lol.

He!! no Sooz! You are not too old! I am 30/17 soon to be 30/48 and I've wanted it done for quite a long time! My little sister, Lynelle, is turning 42 in January and for her birthday I'm giving her an eyebrow piercing! I'm buying it for her, not actually giving it to her lol! My parents and her husband are rather appalled but she wants it and I think she should get it. I think you should get yours too--a tiny diamond stud is what I would want as well.

Go for it!!!!!!

I'm a piercing and tattoo lover!! I support the right to have em wherever your heart desires. Age should NEVER be a factor!!

That being said, a nose ring is the one that I don't get. It's not able to be used for any other stimulation and what happens when you get a cold? My friend has one and won't leave her house when she's sick because she says it gets so gross. I will say though, a small diamond stud does look cute.

Does she wear a ring? If so, I guess that could be the problem. I wear a stud and have never had an issue when sick.

Does she wear a ring? If so, I guess that could be the problem. I wear a stud and have never had an issue when sick.

I have no prob either with mine, I wear a stud also, one of the ones that have the curly pig tail attached to the stud that goes inside your nose. LOL. That's the only way I know how to explain what kind of ring I wear

I was trying to figure that out too... You can't see the earring part inside your nose, so it shouldn't look any different that anyone else with a cold.

I have to say it doesn't look different to anyone else, but it is a bit aggervating when getting snot all over it. You have to keep twisting it around and wipeing it off.

Wow, thanks guys. The response is better than I thought. As for the pain, after two c-sections, I think I can handle it.

Keep the responses coming!

Back