Toilet paper

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apollo2021

Hi, my boys water bottle decided to leak abit so I was just wiping it up with some toilet paper and the rascal that is my little chin decided to rob some of it and run off and eat some I don’t think he got much at all but I’m just worried that it’s gonna do something to him, or will he be fine? Big worrier me😂 m I mean he couldnt of got more than one or two bites into it!

If it was a small amount it will likely pass without issue, if enough is swallowed it can cause a blockage but that doesn't sound like the case. I would keep an eye on him for the next 24 hours or so and make sure he is eating, drinking, and pooping normally. You can force feed some critical care or just some crushed up pellets with water to help kind of push things along if you want, but that is likely not needed.

Yeah I chased him round the cage and made sure I got it back before he ate the whole thing 😂 he loves what he isnt aloud! But I’ll deffo watch him for the next day

Yeah I chased him round the cage and made sure I got it back before he ate the whole thing 😂 he loves what he isnt aloud! But I’ll deffo watch him for the next day

Back