Tile?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smidgeyy

One of my chins is litter trained so well that he has never had an accident.

Because of this, I was considering switching out his fleece pans for tile. I feel that it would make cleaning easier(the cage I'd be tiling is a CN 162).

However, I had a few questions for others who use tile.

1.How do you get them to fit? I've never had tile cut or anything so I'm not sure how that works.
2. What tile should I use?
3. How easy is it to remove the tile to clean around the edges and under them?
4. Opinions on using tiles in general?

My other chin has accidents and I don't want him stepping in the pee or anything, so I'll only be doing this for one chin.

I recently tiled my chinchillas cage and I am so happy I did! She is also potty trained but even if she wasn't the tile would be so easy to clean. I went to Home Depot and picked out some ceramic tiles (I measured the cage before I went) and then when I got home I put them all in and marked the ones that needed to be cut. Then I went back to Home Depot the next day and they cut them for me. The tiles all fit snug in the bass pans but they are easy for me to take up in order to clean. It's also really easy to just quickly sweep out the poops in the morning. Daisy loves to lay on them after playtime, the prob make her feel cool! Hope this helps!

Thank you ^.^

I hate getting the wood/hay bits off the fleece. He really shreds his stick so I think it would be a better idea all around. I also think that the cage would make less noise that way.

I feel like he will slide his litter box around that way though... So I don't know how I feel about that... Same with his bridge that sits at the bottom of the cage.

I just hate the idea that the pee can't go anywhere unless I clean it up, so I don't want my other one to step in it or get it on his fur. XD

I dunno... I want to give it a try but don't want to waste my money if I decide I don't want to. I also don't use the bass pans, I just covered the plastic ones. :/ I imagine using the bass pans would make it easier, but I wasn't too interested in buying those right now. Urg I'm so undecided Lol.

I recently tiled my chinchillas cage and I am so happy I did! She is also potty trained but even if she wasn't the tile would be so easy to clean. I went to Home Depot and picked out some ceramic tiles (I measured the cage before I went) and then when I got home I put them all in and marked the ones that needed to be cut. Then I went back to Home Depot the next day and they cut them for me. The tiles all fit snug in the bass pans but they are easy for me to take up in order to clean. It's also really easy to just quickly sweep out the poops in the morning. Daisy loves to lay on them after playtime, the prob make her feel cool! Hope this helps!
Could you possibly give me the measurements?

Back