Tile? Linoleum? Vinyl???

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zahrii

In January-February my chins will be getting a much-needed new cage. On the first floor I'll be putting a Bass Equipment metal pan and then placing flooring inside of it. I just don't know which type to use. I've heard people usually use tile, but I've also looked at linoleum and vinyl. I'm not sure which out of the three to use. Any help is appreciated.

I would not use vinyl or linoleum in the cage, the chin would chew it up. Those kinds of flooring are good for rooms because they are easy to clean, and are glued to the floor, and you put baseboards around the edges of the room covering the edges of the flooring. ;)
Lots of people use tile though, you just have to get it cut to fit the pans. I would pick ceramic over stone tile though, stone tends to absorb moisture and you don't want it absorbing pee if the chin has a accident outside the litter box.

I've seen some glazed ceramic tile, is that safe or should I go with tile that isn't glazed?

I have a few glazed ceramic tiles in my guys cage (extra cooling spots and to hold the fleece down, not a tiled cage) and never had a problem with it.

Back