The name game..what in your chins name?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a black velvet named Nibbler. He came with that name but enjoying Futurama I wanted to keep the name, and it's cute for a chin anyway :)

Little Swordsmen

I have two boys, an ebony named Zoro and a mosaic named D'Artagnan (Dart for short). We had the idea to get a black chin and name him Zoro because, well he's black and because the way they leap and jump around makes them look like little swordsmen!

So when we ended up with two chins at once we wanted another famous swordsman and thought why not D'Artagnan from the Three Musketeers? It's funny too because their names kinda ended up fitting them really well. Zoro is thinks things through very carefully before acting - deffinitely a strategist. Where as Dart runs in head first like a cheeky, cocky young kid. Haha. ;)

With my trios I try to stick with some kind of a theme!

So we have
Sargent Pepper, Lucy, and Abbey

Bentley, Mercedes, Audi, and Lexus

Stone, Gemma, Ruby

Thelma and Louise

Just to name a few since I have started this trend

Lupin is named after my favorite Harry Potter professor. Professor Remus Lupin.

My chinchilla that I just lost was named Lilo-he came with that name and it really fit him <3

I will be going back to my Harry Potter theme when I decided to get another chinchilla. If I fine a male homo ebony I will name him Sirius (because he was Lupin's best friend <3) and if I find a white mosaic male he will probably be Draco <3

originally my little guy was named Apollo .he was given to me when his owner had to re home him. he didn't seem to respond to it much. since he was constantly doing this hiding behind everything when we first got him. I would say peekaboo when he would pop his head up. Over time he started to respond to it . So he his now stuck with being called peekaboo. peek for short.

Whenever I name any pet I typically use a favorite character from a book. I wanted her name to be short and sweet but unique, and I ended up with Tally, from the book series 'Uglies' by Scott Westerfield.

Omg-I love that series!!!!!

We have two chins. Our standard is named Link from the Legend of Zelda series and our mossaic goes by Aurther for short, or his full name is "Sir Auther the Royal Protector of the Kingdom of Fry", but that's a mouthful.

Chester came home when I was 6, so that was a little kid thing :)
then George and Charlie 3 years later, named after the favorite weasleys!
Bianca, Tabitha and Laxus are from games
Fable because his color was my dream color, (pink white with the nice big beige dot!
Elliott was after Elliott Moose, because my younger sister named him, and it suited him!
then Rori was named after Rory (a previous chin :( who was named after Rory from Doctor Who

My mosaic girl Mab is named after both Shakespeare's Queen Mab and the Dresden Files character Queen Mab (I am huge fans of both). She's the faerie queen of winter, which matches my girl's coloring (white/grey), and the imperious personality fits as well. XD

I honesly can't remember if I have posted on this thread already, there are so many pages! So I'm sorry if this is a double post.
My one and only chin is named Buddha. We came up with that name on the car ride to pick him up, because I just pictured him looking like Buddha when he got big and chunky! :) It actually fits him really well, especially because when he sleeps, his eyes look all squinty like a chinese character, and he has a big round belly! :)

I've got two Chins, boy & girl, who live in separate cages.

Cody (pictured at left) is a little social butterfly. Mia is queen of the universe. They are both really sweet; the difference is Cody loves everybody, while Mia only loves her mommy & daddy.

Almost forgot to mention they are both thieves. They constantly grab random stuff from around the room and try to carry it back to their cages. They stare at us angrily when we take said item away. *Especially Mia. It's hilarious. :D

Mine is named Thor. It seemed like everytime i decided to try and make plans with his previous owner it would start to srorm. So his name became Thor.

My fuzzy little girl is Daisy.. My fiancee gave me a little plastic daffodil a while ago, and Daisy decided it was hers, so she would steal it and run off. I didn't want a flower name for her but it was so cute, I wanted a video game name, and Daisy seemed like a good combo (Flower and Mario character)!

I almost called her Dovahkiin like in Skyrim, but I'm pretty glad I didnt, LOL

Mips is named after a computer instruction set architecture--it's an acronym that stands for "Multiprocessor without Interlocked Pipeline Stages". We're uh, pretty nerdy in this household.

I've always liked to name my chins according to themes, and try to match the name with something about them, either personality or physical. Right now, my three boys are named after a musical theme, bringing it back to the classics heh. Amadeus for Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Frederic (Freddie for short) for Frederic Chopin, and Rachmaninoff (Rocky for short) for Sergei Rachmaninoff, just a few of my favorite pianists and composers =)

I love everyone's great names!
Ganache is named after the chocolate Italian glaze...he's a dark tan/chocolate color and my husband is in culinary school right now so I told him to think of something chocolate-y and decadent. Also it's pretty unique for a name!
Other potentials were Mousse or Torte :)

Back