The Ferret Nation Club

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have two FN's and I love them.So easy to clean and to get to everything.
I had a Martins cage I really liked,but it was a pain to clean and I cut my back pretty bad on one of the doors.

I'm a big fan of my FN. I need to get some pictures up but I'm a bit OCD and need to clean the cage and get the chins out of it before I take the picture or all I'm gonna see is poo lol

Where do you get the extra deep pans from? I just ordered the 2 1/2 from Bass but I would love the extra deep pans. I feel like we are buried in chin poo!!

I got my 5" pans custom made from Grandview Rabbitry but they are a Canadian company so I'm not sure what shipping would be to the U.S.

P1030022.jpg

Aimee, that's a beautiful shrine you have to your ten lovely ladies. :D

Does anyone have a pattern for the fleece covers for the FN 142? I would like to make some rather than buy them, and I would trust a pattern more than my own measurements! If you have one, please contact me!

Aimee do you have a fountain nearby? Or music playing? It's so beautiful!

I wish I had a wall of FN's. I'm half way to the number of chins you have! ha

I have a ferret nation and I absolutely love it! I have it seperated into 2 cages with one girl on the top and one on the bottom (Chi-Chi does not believe in sharing! lol)

I will have to get pics soon but I agree I need some decorating tips!

Aimee do you have a fountain nearby? Or music playing? It's so beautiful!

I wish I had a wall of FN's. I'm half way to the number of chins you have! ha

LOL!! I did have a waterfall but the dogs kept drinking the water out of it so I put it outside!!:)

I am in 900 sq ft so I have to fit ALL of the animals into My home decor and it's ALL about ambiance to Me!!

Just mild OCD...:confused1:

Hello everyone! I used to post on the CnQ forum. I'm back because I need some help. I have a giant, 200+ pound cage that I cannot transport and I'm in a situation. My boyfriend (future hubby) is in the military and we're going to be traveling A LOT for the first few years (every 6 weeks to 6 months). I need another cage before we move in together. Preferable something not too heavy, not too expensive, and with 2 compartments. Also, not too loud. I've been eye-ing Ferret Nation cages for a while. My grandpa built the cage I have now and I'll likely have to sell it, unfortunately. I have some questions about FN cages:

-Are they loud? Every chinchilla cage I've owned has forced me out of my bedroom at night.
-Are they easy to move? (if I were by myself, could I move the cage from an apartment to the U-Haul?)
-Does the cage split into two parts? I have 2 males, 1 female
-Do they only sell them online or are they available in some stores?

Here's what I have now:

2141642492_486809dd9f.jpg

THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!

My cage is nothing special, but it works for me. The bottom is wrapped in hardware clothe, as I use it as my 'maternity cage' since I usually don't have my females pregnant at the same time. Later in the month, I'm going to do the same to the other layers.

3264393344_bab3c05c81_b.jpg

:hair: GAH! Are you all happy??!! After looking through this thread I went ahead and put a ferret nation 142 and 2 bass pans on my newly payed off credit card! You just HAD to tempt me with your awesome decked out cages didn't you?? My pairs are going to have to battle it out to decide who gets to move into the new FN and they will mail you all envelopes full of poo as thank you.
WONDERFUL.

:hair: GAH! Are you all happy??!! After looking through this thread I went ahead and put a ferret nation 142 and 2 bass pans on my newly payed off credit card! You just HAD to tempt me with your awesome decked out cages didn't you?? My pairs are going to have to battle it out to decide who gets to move into the new FN and they will mail you all envelopes full of poo as thank you.
WONDERFUL.

Haha if it makes you feel any better, I have 1 FN, and after thinking about it I am replacing Fuzzy' Martins cage with a FN as well.:wink3:

Love everyone's cages. Will be a part of this club very shortly.

Back