The Center for Avian and Exotic Medicine (New York)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca1122

Charged By Chins.
Hi,

I am planning a vacation for one week or so in the spring. The vet that I go to said that they are able to board Oliver while we are away. I am a little hesitant, so I was wondering if anyone in New York has more experience with the vets there or with boarding chins there? - The Center for Avian and Exotic Medicine, New York, Veterinary Hospital

Last edited:
Oh, wow, really? That would be great! We were planning on using the vet, but if not, I'll definitely ask you for help.

I've never been to the vet, but the name does ring a bell so I have heard it somewhere.

But also if ChrissysChins can't do it I'm also in NY...about an hour away from the city and I wouldn't mind watching him.

Okay sounds good! Just lemme know cause I might be in college....so if I am then I wouldn't be able to help you :/

Hi there!

The CAEM is where Watson's vet is and they are pretty much the only chin-competent vet in the city. I've never boarded with them but I would trust them with Watson.

Just so you know, before you can board with them they need to do a fecal float on your chin to make sure he's parasite free but I believe it only costs about $15.

Back