Tex Buckaroo Hufflepuff: Adopted 2/15/2010 - Passed 4/2/2012

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smhufflepuff

super-duper hedgiepig
Texie, Texie my little boy, my tiny boy, my beautiful boy,

I can't believe I'm sitting here typing something without you in my hands. It felt like you were always there. A part of me. Right there in my left hand, cradled in my arm, snuggled up against my belly. Snuggled... my snugglehog. That's where Tex goes.

Oh Tex, you were so beautiful. The most gentle and brave spirit I've ever seen. And from such devastation you came. You could have been angry or mean or scared or defensive or... But you weren't. You were brave and kind. You were gentle. You were beautiful. You rose from your beginnings at that hellhole of a company and came to me.

You boarded a train in Texas... the largest animal seizure I've ever heard of. You had to fight and scrap your way to survive... to live... to get on that train. And you did. You did it little man. You lived. You made it.

You boarded the train and got off in Toledo. You left that train right where I was waiting. You told your conductor that you were done; you needed off; you needed a mommy. And you chose me. Your mommy. I am so honored that you chose me, little boy.

You came home with me and learned about hedgiebags and tubes and snuggletime and love. Oh G-d I loved you my little boy. More than a person might think was possible... I loved you. I love you. You are my little boy.

You learned to trust. You learned you could have an opinion. You learned you could tell me what you thought and I'd listen.

I learned to listen... to listen very carefully as you spoke so softly. So quietly. So gently. Gentle is your nature. You are gentle. You were gentle. You were my boy.

And in that gentle quietness, you fought battles no one should have to fight in a lifetime.

This last battle, though...

This last battle... My boy... I am so sorry.

You grew weak. Days grew into weeks, we saw your doctors and they did their best to help. But it kept on coming... slowing you down... taking away bits and pieces of the life that you fought so hard to have.

I saw you stumble. I saw you fall. I watched as you lay there... growing more and more tired each day. Less wheeling... propping yourself up against your wall to stand at your food dish... struggling to walk... struggling to stand... struggling to crawl...

Then you couldn't eat.

Couldn't drink.

This morning you cried out three times. Your whole life and I've never heard much more than a peep. And you cried. My boy. Mommy is here. Mommy will always be here. Mommy is with you.

I held you close as we went to your old doctor. And she knew what we both knew: it was time. Time is too short my boy. Too short. Always too short. And it was upon us. In a blink and a whisper, it was time.

I held you as I let you go.

I hope you were not scared. I hope I did right. I love you. I love you. Texie, mommy loves you.

Oh... to be able to scoop you up one more time. To snuggle you. To hold your warm little body and rub your pudgy little feet. To wiggle your tail and rub your belly. To run my fingers through your quills. To look at you and see you looking back up at me. To love you.

Oh, honey, I will always love you. You are my boy. My boy. My little boy. My Tex Buckaroo Hufflepuff. I am your hedgiemommy. And I love you.

I love you.

Tex, My heart sank when I saw the email this morning. It fell even further when I read the text your mommie sent.

The first time I saw you, it was obvious you were a very special boy. So quiet and gentle. You stood on the confirmation table with your mom and they gave you a ribbon. Then another and then a Reserve Best in Show. Obviously the judges knew too just how special you are.

God speed little man. You are already missed.

My heart sank when I saw this thread. I didn't want to open it. I'm sitting here in tears. Texie we all love you. You are an amazing little boy. Big hugs to your hedgiemommy and hedgiedaddy. RIP Tex. You are already missed so, so much.

I'm so sorry. I didn't want to read this...ever, ever. I wish you could've lived forever, Texie. You brought so much love and joy to your hedgiemommy and hedgiedaddy. You will never be forgotten. RIP sweet boy.

Oh baby,at least you are not suffering any longer.Your mommy's heart hurts but you know we will always be here any time she needs us.Romp and play and enjoy the gifts you so richly deserve at Rainbow Bridge and Mommy will be there to take you to Heaven with her in the blink of your beautiful little hedgie eyes! Rest easily little man. You deserve no less.

I am so so sorry. I am in tears now too. My thoughts are with you. Tex is a very special hedgie and so so loved. You both are so lucky to have been in each others lives.

I'm so sorry. Texie will live forever in the hearts of everyone who followed his adventures, trials and tribulations. He knew what he was doing when he chose your family to be his own.

I didn't want to open this post today. Tears sprang to my eyes from the first sentence.
You did right by him, he had so much love right up until the end. He got to know his real hedgiemummy and has passed quietly and content.

Thinking of both you and hedgiedaddy.

I am so sorry for your loss. These little quilled friends leave way too soon.

(Crap!) Rest in peace little one! You made your family's life better just by being you.

So, so sorry...

It is Easter morning and the tears flow freely. I am so sorry for your pain. Heaven is rejoicing as they welcome little Tex. I am so glad he knew what it was to have his very own Mommy. He knew warmth, food, kindness, snuggles, caring, security, and most of all, love. He knew all of this because of you. I am sure he is still smiling at you.

I couldn't read any other response because the tears were blurring everything. I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how hard it is. I hope you find comfort in this time of sorrow.

Back