Tell me some funny stories about your chinchillas

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NigelAndPeanut

Hello! Please share some funny or interesting stories about your chinchillas. I will go first.
The first time nigel ever got a toy was pretty comical. I placed it on his ledge he would look at nibble it then push it down and watch it fall then just look at me then he would go down bring it back up and repeat but after a while he would just not go and get it but just switch between staring at me and the fallen toy so I began placing it on the ledge for him now it's his favorite game.

I used to have 2 chinchillas. One was named Pablo (rest in peace, little puffer), and the other is the guy I still have, Pedro. One time, not long after we first got them, they managed to escape from their cage. Our dog, a black lab named Gunner, started chasing them into the kitchen. The 2 chinchillas jumped onto our island counter. Gunner tried to get them for awhile, and then trotted off when he decided he couldn't get them. The 2 chinchillas then started chasing him, and they kept on chasing each other for awhile after that until my dad got home and put them back in their cage. To this day, Gunner will always try to play with Pedro.

Another time, since (as shown above) Pedro kinda likes dogs, I let my dad's friend's dog say hi to Pedro (without the cage being closed). So the dog, Roxy, sniffs Pedro, and right as I think they'll be friends, Pedro jumps over and starts smacking and nipping poor Roxy's snout!

So this gave me the idea of training attack chinchillas. They should get those for office jobs, guard the employees' lunches. That'd be awesome!

Okay, since I know there's some of those people on this website, I wouldn't actually make a chinchilla sit in a fridge and bite people who try to take a lunch.

I used to have 2 chinchillas. One was named Pablo (rest in peace, little puffer), and the other is the guy I still have, Pedro. One time, not long after we first got them, they managed to escape from their cage. Our dog, a black lab named Gunner, started chasing them into the kitchen. The 2 chinchillas jumped onto our island counter. Gunner tried to get them for awhile, and then trotted off when he decided he couldn't get them. The 2 chinchillas then started chasing him, and they kept on chasing each other for awhile after that until my dad got home and put them back in their cage. To this day, Gunner will always try to play with Pedro.

Another time, since (as shown above) Pedro kinda likes dogs, I let my dad's friend's dog say hi to Pedro (without the cage being closed). So the dog, Roxy, sniffs Pedro, and right as I think they'll be friends, Pedro jumps over and starts smacking and nipping poor Roxy's snout!

So this gave me the idea of training attack chinchillas. They should get those for office jobs, guard the employees' lunches. That'd be awesome!

Okay, since I know there's some of those people on this website, I wouldn't actually make a chinchilla sit in a fridge and bite people who try to take a lunch.
Thats hilarious and I also think chins would make good food gaurds unless they are guarding raisins then those snacks are as good as gone

Thats hilarious and I also think chins would make good food gaurds unless they are guarding raisins then those snacks are as good as gone
Or oatmeal. Ever given a chinchilla a tablespoon of oatmeal for a holiday dinner? Gone in 0.5 seconds. No lies.

Maybe I should take advantage of that and clean his bowl that way. I could just smother it in oatmeal. He'd actually lick it clean, that's what he does to oatmeal.

Back