Swollen leg?!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mookie

So I have recently introduced my chinchillas Mo and Milo. They seem to get along great and have no problems. The other day I noticed a bald patch on Milo's arm and tried to look at it, but couldn't see anything. It looked bigger today so I took him out to further examine. I noticed this huge swollen patch on his leg that had a little cut on it- definitely something for a vet to look at. I don't understand though, him and Mo seem to get along great. I'm thinking it could have posibly been my other two chinchillas who have nipped at Milo through the bars (causing a cut on his nose) and I'm wondering if they got a hold of him..? I don't really know, but I do know that he needs to go to a vet. My vets office is closed right now, but I am going to call first thing in the morning to schedule an appointment. I separated him and Mo for now (although they aren't fighting) for just in case.. Any thoughts?

Back