Sudden aggression

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kittje

Hi all, my female chinchilla, Chansey has become more aggressive lately and it is certainly very alarming to me. I have had her since she was 6 months old, and she is now almost 5 years. About 8 months ago my boyfriend and i moved in together to an apartment and she seemed to be fine. She has always been nice to him. recently(last 3 months or so) whenever my boyfriend goes near her cage she will lunge at him and chatter and bark. He cannot pick her up or she will bite him. But when she is out of the cage she plays with him just fine, jumps on him etc. She also has shown more aggression to me. When I go to pick her up out of her cage she barks, runs, and even gives me a bite/"im gonna pee on you" pose here and there. She is fine out of the cage with me. I have no idea where this is coming from and I am positive she's healthy and happy and has plenty of toys, food, hay, and time out of her cage! Is this just a thing that happens as they get older?

i dont no about general sudden aggression but i no some of mine get highly defensive when they think they are going to be picked up. Even if im not planning on doing that. My oldest male will associate being touched on the back half of his body as a prelude to being picked up and will freak.

On the other hand, some of my girls did not like the deep sound of my fathers voice and they would start barking at him when he was talking lol.

Allof mine hate being picked up, and are usually scared to try and come out of the cage and panic when they do. But they love it when they are out. I just have to let them do it when there rdy. I cant take them out myself.

There are various things that each chin did not like. Maybe something is going on that you chin is not a fan of?

Back