Subscribe To my YouTube Channel!! The Chinchilla Journal

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ps...Amythysts safe list is really good, apple stick, burdock root and bamboo (young stems and wood) are also good, I personally though, wouldnt give dandelion stem....it's full of soluble oxalate, but that's personal choice. And as I mentioned before...all in moderation, approx 1 teaspoon once or twice a week, if you give a goji berry (high oxalate) one day, next treat day give something like camomile flower (low in oxalate) the next treat day 😊

THANK YOU for sharing your knowledge and hard work with us!!
Dandelions are on the “safe treat” page posted by Amethyst. Is there anything else on the list you disagree with, or do you have a safe treat list of your own?
Is there any treat that can be given daily?
You're very welcome sweetie, It's all in moderation, it's more of a case that forarmed is forwarned, a little bit of dandelion now and again won't cause too much issues, I'd only absolutely avoid the dandelion stem...it's almost pure oxalate. Amythysts treat list is really good, I also give my herd bamboo (young stems and wood), and burdock root. I aternate between treats...high oxalate's maybe once a month and low oxalate more often. Apple sticks can be given daily, as can raspberry leaves..but just one leaf 😊

Last edited:
Ps...Amythysts safe list is really good, apple stick, burdock root and bamboo (young stems and wood) are also good, I personally though, wouldnt give dandelion stem....it's full of soluble oxalate, but that's personal choice. And as I mentioned before...all in moderation, approx 1 teaspoon once or twice a week, if you give a goji berry (high oxalate) one day, next treat day give something like camomile flower (low in oxalate) the next treat day 😊
That list is from a FB group I'm in, there is another list for safe wood, so things like apple sticks are on that list. ;)

Back