still drooling after tooth surgery

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emilly89

Hello, please help me. I am new in this group. I have a chinchilla ( 2 years). I operated on him in April ( 24.04.2020) he salivates from the operation until now. What can i do to him? I am little desperate.
I am currently feeding him the syringe with rodicare instant. He won’t eat hay :((. Please help me. Thanks 🙏

Depending on what was done it can take a week or two to go back to eating normal. I need more info though, what all was done? was there any abscesses, or sores, or anything? either before or caused by the operation? Also if it was teeth filing were x-rays taken to rule out root growth?

He had abscesses in his mouth, i attach his x-ray. After surgery they told me that he also cut his gum. :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 6
Ok, so the drooling could still just be pain related, were you given any pain meds and antibiotics to give him? It can take chins a while to heal so I'd give him a couple weeks, so until Friday (may 8th), to show improvement, unless the vet gave you a timeline for seeing improvement. If you are concerned you could probably call the vet and see what they say as well.

Hopefully someone else can chime in with info on the x-rays, I don't really know enough see any issues.

I give him meloxycam, i hope someone looks over x-ray.
I’m going to the vet on Friday
Thank you for replying to my post

Back