Starla

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nancy

Hooked on Hogs
Starla 2006 - 2009,03,24

Starla went on her final trip today. She flew all the way across Canada from Vancouver, BC to me this past December. Her former mom could no longer keep her hedgehogs and could find nobody there she trusted so the girls came to me.

Starla had a rough life before going to live with Johanna. She really came around for Johanna and even more for me. She was a girl who wanted so much to be friendly but still had fear.

Starla quit eating 8 days ago and when I syringed her she would gag and choke. The last few days her mouth would fill with blood. On Saturday her eye was starting to bulge and the tumour was becoming visible.

Even though she was with me for such a short time, I got really attached to the sweet girl who tried so hard to be friends.

Love ya sweet girl and both your mommies miss you.

Wow Nancy. I'm sorry to hear this and that you had to do this. Losing one is hard enough, but to lose two in the same day must be devastating.

As always, the wonderful person you are to take this beautiful girl in. How sorry I am for both of Starla's Mommies.

My condolences for the loss :(- she was such a beauty!

*hugs as always*

Oh, Nancy... I am so sorry. All of us here send you hugs.

Poor girl! She was so lucky to have you there for her during the final phase of her life! Sorry for your loss! :hug4:

Knowing that you'll outlive your babies is so hard. I'm so sorry Nancy...
I don't know what to say. I admire your strength though.

Back