Squeeling Chinchilla.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nonniemorris

Mummy to 3 mad chinnies!
My latest addition, Jasper (who lives on his own because he doesnt get along with my other two boys) is doing a really loud Squeeling noise. It was so loud that it woke me up this morning.

First of all I thought that he was in pain, so I rushed out of bed and switched the light on, but he was fine. Then I'd get back into bed and he did it again.

He lives on the bottom half of an FN, under the other two. He can see them through a grid. Is he trying to just get their attention? I'm really worried now.

Is it like a consistent honking noise? I used to have a chin who would do that a lot and usually at night or early in the morning. Not sure why. He didn't live alone and wasn't hurt and there was never any reason I could find for it.

I have a few that actually scream - I go running to see what is wrong and they look at me as if to say 'what took you so long'. I no longer run to see. It was an attention getter. When I stopped 'playing the game' they stopped for the most part

one of my boys does this really strange squealing sound at night too sometimes. and yes i flip on the light and rush over...and he just stares at me like 'um can i help you?'
he's made alot of sounds that are not on that website.

Leeloo makes a screaming/wailing noise sometimes, but she's a really nervous and shy chinchilla. I think it may just be an attention getter so I rush up and comfort her, who knows?

Back