Southeast Chapter-MCBA Live animal, optional claiming, Chinchilla Show 2013

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccchins

Does anyone know anything about this show? I googled the address and it's a home in a suburb. Wasn't sure if it is a sanctioned show and worth going to. This would be a first time going to a show for me and I want it to be a real one. Thanks everyone.

It's at Lyn Shuster's home. The show can only be sanctioned if there are at least 50 animals. There are really just no shows down here in the south unfortunately, the closest show you'll get is the Atlantic Chapter in PA, so this is as good as it gets right now unless you're willing to travel. Any show is worth going to if you have the time and money - it's always a learning experience. I'm driving down from Carolina to be there, you should try it out.

It's at Lyn Shuster's home. The show can only be sanctioned if there are at least 50 animals. There are really just no shows down here in the south unfortunately, the closest show you'll get is the Atlantic Chapter in PA, so this is as good as it gets right now unless you're willing to travel. Any show is worth going to if you have the time and money - it's always a learning experience. I'm driving down from Carolina to be there, you should try it out.

PM sent

The smaller shows are fun, you get to know more people and you can talk with and learn a lot more from the judges. I wish this one was closer, I'd love to go.

I sent Lyn a note telling her that the web page she has in place doesn't have a start time for registration and details for parking. At the present time I have not received a reply.
Prior to my email she asked if I would like to sponsor a raffle item.

In the past I have placed the show details as a courtesy for the SEC. So far I have not been asked.

I would say contact Lyn through her web page. She is the SEC president and Patty is the Vice President. Both have e-mail address links.

http://www.centralfloridachinchillas.com/

We have been slowly but surely gaining numbers in our herd. We are currently 7 strong with 5 of then hopefully going to be shown. Plus Ryerson is going to be bringing me several chins down when he comes.

Updated Show information;

WINTER GARDEN at the AMERICAN LEGION POST 63, 271 W. Plant Street. Orlando FL

It's easy to find off 429, from the Florida
Turnpike, which you can get to from I-4 or from I-75 easily.
WHEN: Saturday, November 2, 2013, (no drop off night before, sorry)
JUDGE: Dave Woods
NEARBY HOTELS: recommended: Red Roof Inn, "pets free," 11241 W
Colonial Dr, Ocoee, F 34761, 407-347-0140, $64+/night.
Holiday Inn Express, West Colonial, Ocoee, not pet friendly,
407-654-1188, $90+/n.
Budget Inn and Suite, West Colonial, Winter Garden 34787, not pet
friendly, 407-654-1188, $50/n (read the reviews before booking).
SHOW AT A GLANCE and fees:
Start 8 am registration Nov 2, chin classification 10 am show starting
immediately afterward, lunch break at noon (on your own), 1 pm show
resumes, end by about 4 pm. Fees: $5/chin MCBA member, $10 chin
nonMCBA member, $5 per person entry except for exhibitor.
WHAT ELSE? The usual great stuff--chin raffles, baby derby, chin sales
(NO claiming fee), chin vendors.
NEED MORE INFO? Be in touch with Lyn, SEC Prez, [email protected],
or Patty Moyerman, SEC VP, [email protected]

Anyone bringing dust to sell? I am almost out and would like to order at least 100 lbs of either Blue Cloud off Blue Sparkle.

Gotcha! I was hoping one of them would be there. I will contact them to ask if they can bring me 2-3 bags. Thanks!

Anybody interested in carpooling or meeting up on the way? :p I'm coming from Louisiana and will be driving through the panhandle and down.

Tiffany and Spoof are going to be there. I know Tiffany has a few for sale. However you need to state what color or color phase your looking for....

I have two standards coming from Tiffany and a few from Ryerson as well. I'm not familiar with spoofs chins. I am still new at this. Lol (Sorry Spoof)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I have two standards coming from Tiffany and a few from Ryerson as well. I'm not familiar with spoofs chins. I am still new at this. Lol (Sorry Spoof)
No worries. :)) Mine are light to medium color phase in every color you can think of.

Not sure if I'll be able to make it as I can not take the days off that I planned. It would be ~ a 12 hour drive strait through, my route will be from Lafayette, LA to Orlando, FL. If I could find someone along the route to meet up with and swap out driving duties every few hours I could still make it work leaving Friday.

Back