Sorbets, anyone?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZChins

Pro Cage Cleaner Champion
Sahuarita, Arizona (a half hour south of Tucson)
It's really hot out here in Arizona. It was about 110° in Phoenix and at my house it got up to 100 degrees (it hardly ever gets that hot here...maybe once or twice every few years.)

So I am making blueberry sorbet. It's super easy to make as long as you have an ice cream maker and a blender.

Here's my recipe:

2 cups fresh blueberries
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (bottled is okay, too)

1. Put it all in the blender and blend very well.

2. Put the mixture in a saucepan and heat until boiling and immediately remove from heat.

3. Let the mixture cool at room temperature for 10 minutes and prepare your ice cream maker...

4. Put mixture in your ice cream maker and let it do what it wants to do.

This recipe makes about three cups of sorbet. The ice cream maker takes the longest of any of the steps. Soooo...right now I hear my cheapie Rival ice cream maker going and I can't wait for my sorbet!

You can make all sorts of sorbets out of different types of fruit like peaches or strawberries or blackberries using the same type of recipe. :D There's no sense in paying $4 a pint when summer produce is cheap and plentiful...just make the sorbet yourself. :)

I keep putting off buying an ice cream maker.
Next time I see them on sale I'm getting one now.

Back