So, you have a Facebook account

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did not click the link in case it was a video out of consideration for my husband sitting beside me working but, your synopsis makes me grateful that he is as paranoid as he is about me posting pictures on the internet, and therefore my Facebook account simply has a question mark in the picture frame LOL. I do need to find a nice scenic photo or something I suppose, eventually :).

They can use Prada's pic anytime they want- that's all I have up there.

This is something we talk to our kids about all the time. Once you post a pic online, it is never truly gone. Don't post anything you wouldn't be happy to show to your grandmother!

Your grandmother or future employer or possibly your grandchildren.

Even if websites go away the data is often still out there stored in archival databases.

Don't post anything you wouldn't be happy to show to your grandmother!

This is my motto!

We've also noticed a lot of defense attorneys and insurance companies are now finding pictures and/or stories on Facebook or MySpace and using it against plaintiffs.

Some people just get online and have a free-for-all. You really do need to watch how you conduct yourself in the virtual world just as you do in "real" life. It, too, can come back to bite you...

I'd like to point out that even if Facebook hadn't changed it's terms of service, there was never anything preventing anyone who has access to your photos from right clicking and selecting "Save Picture As", and having a copy forever. As Becky said, once something is on the internet, it's never gone.

Hmm.. Wish it was required that when there is a change in TOS you had to agree to them again, meaning, they notified you. Luckily, I keep my facebook content to anything I wouldn't mind a serial killer knowing or seeing about me

Darnit! You mean my Mousehunt stats are out there forEVER?

Seriously - I tell my students ALL the time to be careful what they post on the internet, but they just don't listen. They think no one but their friends can get to them. They are so wrong.

I saw this news online the other day. It's a pretty nasty violation of people's rights... so now I'm just glad I never uploaded any photos to Facebook that I really cared about.

I have an account, but I'm not the type of person to do anything that my parents or anyone would be ashamed of. And don't take any pictures that I'd be ashamed of either.
Gotta love it when I see people's pictures of them wasted or doing some stupid thing on their profile.

Well, it is a horrible law, but really you should know anything you post online is fair game.

Well, it is a horrible law, but really you should know anything you post online is fair game.
It's not a law, it's the Terms of Service for FaceBook. You agree to their TOS when you sign up for an account and use the account.

I agree, people should be more careful what they post online. There is way too much personal information and drama available online.

10 years from now they use your photo for an ad compaign and there is nothing you can do about it. Next week they can print a coffee table book of embarrassing photos and you can do nothing about it.

Sorry, not a good idea.

I feel bad for the people that have to look at my ugly face if they use my pictures for something like this. :hilarious:

The most "embarrassing" photo on my facebook is me holding a bottle of mustard.

Last edited:
I have an account, but I'm not the type of person to do anything that my parents or anyone would be ashamed of. And don't take any pictures that I'd be ashamed of either.
Gotta love it when I see people's pictures of them wasted or doing some stupid thing on their profile.

No kidding! Most of my pictures are animal related and the ones of myself are "normal" pictures.

Wow... can't say I really care much...

I'm not stupid enough to post pictures of me doing stupid crap...

However, it's not going to make me stop posting pictures on Facebook. If anyone out there *really* wanted pictures of me *that* badly, they could follow me around with a camera and get better dirt on me than on Facebook. And people actually do this- divorce cases, custody cases, etc. I'm not gonna start hiding in my apartment with the blinds closed.

Back