So excited I can keep my chins!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caroline

I found a place to board my horses last week that is even better than where I am now. I didn'trrealize just how much better until now. I was chatting with the barn owner last night about my sad situation with my chins and having to give them up because of my kids allergies. That sweet girl suggested that I could keep them in her barn! I had of course wondered before if this might be possible, but she came up with that on her own. I will be giving her at least one chin as a token of my gratitude.
Temps rarely get very cold around here and if they do we can just move the cages into the tack room, which is quite large.
I am over the top happy! I have invested so much into building up a good quality herd and was heartbroken at the thought of letting them all go.

Well, it does not get half as cold here as back home and if it does get on the chilly side we can move them iinto the tack room.

What about the heat of the summer? Most horse barns I know of, are not air conditioned? I would also be concerned of rodents being able to get into their feed and hay so would be aware of that. If you have worked those issues out satisfactorily then that is great.

The barn is quite cool and well ventlated. If it gets to hot I can put them in the tack room with an air conditioner. Feed is kept in metal bins.

How many people can get in the barn? I don't trust anyone around my chins. I would be afraid someone would hurt them without meaning to.

It is a private facility. I would not keep my horses there if I didn't trust her. Trust me I have put a lot of thinking into this and considered a lot of the pros and cons. There will be locks on cages etc, what to do it the temps get overly hot or cold. This is the Pacific Northwest and does not the extreme hots or colds like most other places. The barn is constructed in such a way that it has got excellent air circulation and stays nice and cool in the heat of the summer.

Back