Snuggle safe warning

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cyndy posted the heating instructions to the Welfare list. For any of you who may have lost the instructions...

I pulled out our Snuggle Safe Disc and the heating instructions state:

Microwave Power Time
600 - 650 watts 8 minutes
700 - 750 watts 7 minutes
800 - 850 watts 6 minutes
900 - 1000 watts 5 minutes
1100 - 1200 watts 3 minutes
1300 - 1400 watts 2 1/2 minutes

The Disc as a caution that states to replace the disc 3 years after purchase date.

Thank you for posting this! I use snuggle safe disks, I actually just used mine to take the hedgies to the vet this morning. I follow the directions but have always worried about them making the carrier too warm. (I put the hedgie carrier inside a card cased carrier with the snuggle safe disk inbetween the two carriers to warm the air inside). I will be extra cautious now with them though.

From reading the thread, it looks like they were using the Snuggle Safe outside of the parameters of the manufacturer's instructions. I do use a Snuggle Safe but rather infrequently, so I reread the heating instructions before I put them in the microwave and I make sure I have a spare for each one in use, so that they can cool down completely between heating.

Back