Snickers is constipated?!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunnyastounded

<---Apple Tree Enthusiast
GAHHHH!

Tonight when I went to let Snickers out for his daily playtime, I noticed his poops on his shelves were peculiar. They are light brown, round, and hard. I wasn't sure but I thought I remembered reading that these were symptoms of constipation. I googled it and unfortunately found out that I was right. I changed his water the day before and his intake of food and hay hasn't changed. He gets one rosehip piece and one rolled oat a day for treats. I watched him drink and the water bottle is operating properly. There is no hair in the poops and he has no history of fur biting. His overall behavior hasn't changed one bit and is full of energy and seems okay (but I know how well they can hide discomfort)!

I panicked and gave him a couple raisins out of a raisin bran cereal (after sucking the sugar off) before consulting this forum like I should have.

What can I do to help the scenario up until a vet visit? Did I do any damage by giving the two raisins?

Last edited:
Note:

Vienna's poops are completely normal and she drinks water that is obtained from the same source (but using a different bottle).

Food is Oxbow pellets, hay is Oxbow timmothy and a pinch of Oxbow alfalfa.

After taking a closer look, it seems like there are a couple strands of hair in each poop, but it looks like it doesn't seem out of the ordinary. Seems like it was gathered from the hair around the rectum.

What do you mean you changed the water? Changed the water in the chins water bottle or changed brands?

What type of water are you using?

^^Might help people answer you a bit better.

I believe 100% Pure Pumpkin (NOT pie filling) can be used for constipation.

All I meant was I gave fresh water. I did not change the type of water or brand or anything like that.

Back