sitting weird

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TnkTaingTal

Talia has been very vocal for days now. She walks around making hm noises(like apuppy cry high pitched hmhmhm). It was making me keep a close eye on her. She has begun running into her hut and rolling over. I'm not sure if she's just being weird (she used to do that behind her ramp years ago). Last night I became very worried. She went into her cage and stood on her hind legs and her tail began wagging. Later that night I found her standing on her hind legs on a cage shelf, but her butt was lifted off the floor, like a squat, but on her hind legs. She did not pee or anything, she was just in a daze for a minute and snapped out of it. She is still eating and drinking. She still runs on her wheel and ran around at play time.
Does this sound like anything to be concerned with or am I just being paranoid?

Chinchillas wag their tails when they're ready to mate I've heard. I wouldn't be too worried about it :)

I was thinking that as well, its just so strange that i have never experienced it and I've had her and three other females for 5 years. I had a recheck appt for 2 other chins so I asked the vet and she had no doubt that she was in heat. Thank you so much for your replies!

Back