Sick Chinchilla?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VOIDED

Hi there!

I have a 2 year old chinny who’s been showing some concerning characteristics. When he breathes you can hear every in and out breath and seems like his chest is expanding more than normal. He sounds really clogged up in his nose and often when playing he takes little breaks to catch his breath. It sounds just like he has a cold and it’s been this way for weeks now. The only thing is he’s still eating like normal and plays just as hard as normal. He does however sometimes go out to play for 2 hours and leaves no poops behind. Although he’s still eating and playing it seems like it’s definitely bothering him and it isn’t a normal thing. I’ve been to the vet twice now and had him xray’d and she says he has no respiratory infection or sign of blockage. He’s not drooling or showing a runny nose either. I’ve gotten him a humidifier to see if maybe it’s because it’s so dry in the air and even gave him a week of baytril and there’s been no change. I’m really not sure what to do and I’m just looking for any advice or similar experiences. Thank you!

Back