Should the vet check her out?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandy

For anyone who may have read my posts on a different thread, I wanted to ask a question that doesn't pertain to that section..

It's been 3 weeks since I first saw "movement" in Lucy's stomach.
The little bump on her under side is still there.
Her belly feels a tad but more firm, but I think she has also lost weight. (I got one reading of 851g then 830g when she centered herself on the scale before jumping off.
She was around 860g when she first got here.

She's still looking uncomfy, spends most time on her side, etc.
I don't know if I should bring her in and let the vet check and confirm if she's pregnant and if everything is going alright.

She's not lethargic or acting sick, infact she stands on her hind legs very alert-like and will go to town on a chew toy...but these 'bumps' on her underside feel more towards the skin surface than if it were a baby I would be feeling.

What do you all think?
Id hate to bring her in pregnant and stress her out, but I also hate to leave her be if there's something else going on.

Not all females will gain weight durring pregnancy. I have a beige female who always looses 10 grams and then gives birth within the month. And some gain lots of weight. If she is eating and acting well and doesn't continue to loose weight I wouldn't worry. Was her previous home feeding lots of treats? The weight loss could be de to food as well. How long have you had her now?

I've had her 22 days now.

She does eat well. The previous home was her home for 2-3 days. The one before that I have no idea how they cared for her.
The girl I got her from had a mix like Kaytee in with her, so I suppose she has been on a junky feed.
She's on Mana Pro SHO now.

Back