Should My Chin Go To The Vet?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zahrii

My chinnie has had dry ear issues for about a month or so now, as some of you have seen. But now it has worsened to painless cracking and flaking of his outer ears. I'd hate for him to go to the vet as he's already gone through enough stress, and his carrier isn't prepared yet. But of course if you guys think he should go, I'll take him. Here's a picture of his ears. Excuse the awkward angle and lighting. His ears are a tad darker than usual because I just applied some balm.20191210_235300.jpg

Vitamin E capsules in the vitamin section. Poke a hole in the end and rub it on.

Is there a specific mg level I should be looking for, or just any vitamin E capsules I can find?

I guess I never really thought about it! I just grabbed a bottle of vitamin E capsules off the shelf.

The mg amount of vitamin E in the gel cap doesn't matter, you only need a tiny bit (not even a whole caplet worth for both ears), so I would go with the smallest/cheapest you can find for less waste/cost.

Back