Shot records?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riven

Bad Chin
Does anyone have any thoughts on retrieving shot records?

My mom is looking, but doesn't think she has a copy, the medical center were I had them conveniently doesn't have any record of them... at all. The state has no record, which it's not mandatory for them to be reported so some physicians don't.

The school is supposed to get back with me tomorrow, but otherwise anyone have any other thoughts? If worse comes to worse I'll have to have a Titer done, but I've been told that will run about $300 +.... not something I want to look forward to and I doubt the hospital will cover it.

Thoughts?

I know I had my tetanus and my rabies and when I had them, I think that should count for something!

I know I had my Jr. High physical at a different clinic, would they have gotten a copy of my records do you think?

I just can't believe that all of the records from the doctor that used to work at that clinic are gone with no way to recover them... :hmm:

When was the last time you were at the medical center? Here in PA we only need to keep records for 5-7 years. After that time the records are taken away and burnt. This could be why the medical center has no record of you.

Check with your high school

I would check with the high school that you graduated from. You are required to have immunizations to attend school and they have to have that information archived. Depends on the school system but it usually doesn't matter when you graduated but the longer it has been the longer it may take for them to retrieve the file since things weren't computerized in the good old days. I am a school nurse so I have seen this request many times.

Nicole...

When I entered nursing school, I had to have all of my shot records OR had to have titers done for the ones I didn't have proof of. I knew that I had received 2 MMR yet didn't have the proof in-hand at the time of the appointment so I had to have the titer and opted to just have another Tetanus since I had no proof of having it even though I knew I had. The MMR titer came back saying I needed another one. Long story short, had to go talk to the infectious disease doctor at the local health department who in turn talked to the CDC about the additional MMR. The CDC did NOT recommend me to get another MMR and forwarded documentation to the school saying such, but for the life of me, I can't remember why exactly, just know it had something to do with when I was born (1976). Beats me. Maybe that helps a little? :)

Back