Shedding?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

Madip

Just recently I’ve noticed taco has started shedding a decent amount especially when I’m petting him or when he just brushes up against me. Is this a seasonal thing? Should i
Be brushing him?

Amethyst

Super Moderator
Staff member
Chins shed or "prime" a few times a year, most don't need to be brushed, just the regular dust baths are enough, but some do need a bit of help though depending on their fur to avoid matting. Some also do enjoy being brushed to help it along. A fine toothed comb works better then a brush since it can get down the skin, a brush just runs over the top of the fur. Also comb before a bath not right after, the dust will help remove any loose fur you missed as well as if done after the bath dust can catch in the comb and end up pulling fur out.

Madip

Chins shed or "prime" a few times a year, most don't need to be brushed, just the regular dust baths are enough, but some do need a bit of help though depending on their fur to avoid matting. Some also do enjoy being brushed to help it along. A fine toothed comb works better then a brush since it can get down the skin, a brush just runs over the top of the fur. Also comb before a bath not right after, the dust will help remove any loose fur you missed as well as if done after the bath dust can catch in the comb and end up pulling fur out.
Thank you!

Latest posts