Safe wood chew?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LannyCoop

Hello friends!

I bought my chin this chew as the pet store said it was safe for chins. I'm wanting to make sure it's a safe wood has anyone given their chins this brand before? Thanks for your help!!!

I am attempting to attach photos but the brand is critter ware bowl N Bites all natural bark filled with treats and the top corner says apple twigs I'm just not sure if that is the whole bowl as well!

Thanks again for the help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 34
I only see the label in your post, so I googled the product to make sure. As long as what I am seeing is correct, an apple wood bowl with loofah and sticks inside, I would say everything looks okay. My only concern is making sure the dye used on the loofah is safe and the sticks aren't cedar.

I learned that pet stores know usually nothing about chins, I am sure there are exceptions. I have begun sharing information with our pet store employees. I no longer buy treats for my chins from the pet store. I have found chin-knowledgable online folk have the best treats for the price. Sticks, loofah, rose hips, and stones are my go-tos now.

Thanks so much I know I am not really sure how I can know for sure the type of wood it is. Maybe ill not give it to be safe.

General pet stores will say it's safe if the package has a picture of it on there. I've never seen that item in person, and can't tell much from the picture you have there, but I'd maybe error on the side of caution with anything from the pet store....

Back