Safe Chinchila toys

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cole1987

Hello, I was looking for a recommendation for safe chinchilla toys. I recently bought a pine wood kiln dried enclosure but they seem to be eating it instead of just chewing it.

It's ok for chins to eat some wood, that is why items should be safe wood like kiln dried pine. I commented on another post earlier this year with a list of safe materials and some toy ideas Chinchilla chew toys

They are mostly safe, just some things to be careful about.

The sisal rope on the table isn't great, if a chin swallows a long enough strand it can tangle in the gut. It's not common and a lot of people have used sisal for years without issue, but it's a possible risk so it's starting to no longer be recommended. You can use seagrass rope or stainless steel wire to replace it though. Also bulrush (the thing that looks like a broom head) isn't good for chins.

The mat is ok but chins can get their legs caught in it so just keep an eye on that. Also the corn leaf, and again the bulrush and sisal, isn't good for them.

Thank you so much for taking the time and getting back to me. I just had a huge problem with GI stasis and now my little guy is back to normal so I want to make sired don’t take any unnecessary risks .

Thank you so much for taking the time and getting back to me. I just had a huge problem with GI stasis and now my little guy is back to normal so I want to make sired don’t take any unnecessary risks .
Also where can you get Seagrass rope?

Back