Sacramento, CA Seminar

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDZCRanch

RavenousDeadlyZombieChins
Due to a lot of confusion and jumbled information I'm starting a new thread with ALL the information in one post! We now have payment options for those wanting to prepay for the seminar. Those attending the banquet can pay once they are at the seminar or they can also pay for that via paypal.

This is the link to the official page which will also take you to the sign up page with links to paypal.
http://california.empresschinchilla.org/shows.html

2009 California Group "West Coast Affair"
This two day seminar is hosted by the ECBC California group. The seminar will offer a wide variety of topics, presented by some of the top experts in the chinchilla industry. Speakers will share their personal experience and knowledge of chinchilla health, husbandry, stock selection, and so much more.

Don't miss this opportunity of a lifetime! Hear from some of the biggest names in the industry!

Seminar Fee:
$25 per ECBC member / $35 per non-member
Prices are per ranch, not per attendee

Dates:
Friday, October 23rd (Hospitality Suite)
Special thanks to Nora Horton for organizing our Hospitality Suite.
Saturday, October 24th, Sessions, Banquet
Sunday, October 25th, Sessions, Raffles.
Session

Times:
Saturday ~9:00am to 12:00pm and 1:00pm to 5:00pm
Sunday~ 9:00am to 1:00pm

Hotel & Room Rates:
Hilton Sacramento Arden West
2200 Harvard Street
Sacramento, CA 95815
Ph: 916-922-4700 - use group code CEC for$99 rate.

Banquet:
$35 per person (Brandywine Room)
No-Host Bar: 6pm (across from the Brandywine Room)
Dinner Served 7pm

Please RSVP your Banquet Reservations and Menu Choice (Chicken Piccata, Pasta Purses, or Sliced Roasted Striploin) to Pam Oldham ([email protected])

Transportation:
The show site is convenient to the Sacramento airport.
A shuttle service will be available to all attendees.

Speakers / Topics:
Gary Neubauer:
From Birth to the Show Table
Maxine Lynch: Security and How to Approach Animal Rights Activists
Cara Beasley: Basic Genetics and How They Apply to Your Herd
Bill Booker: Sperm Checking and Artificial Insemination
Pete Kisesky: Pelt Dressing and the Pelt Market
Lani Ritchey: Hay and Feed, How to Tell What is Good
Pete and Sue, Bill, and Gary: Fur Quality

Other Events
The California Group will host a hospitality suite on Friday night, admission is included in your seminar fee! This will be a tremendous opportunity to rub elbows with the speakers before the seminar! There will also be banquet on the agenda for Saturday evening.

~Live Animal Raffle~
(There will be at least one male and one female no less than Class Champion quality)

~50:50 Drawing ~

~Door Prize Raffle~

We encourage all participants to bring a gift worth no less than $5
for the raffle table.

There will be NO SHOW at this event. Live animals will be on hand for demonstrations on identifying desirable and undesirable fur qualities.

We regret that participants may NOT bring their own animals for evaluation.

Also, there is a sign up sheet that will be posted on the website soon. Anyone going can fill it out and email it to me or send it by mail. My address will be on the form! ;)

got your confirmation Sarah! Are you coming by yourself or just to the banquet by yourself? It'll be great seeing you again! The seminar is so close...I'm really excited, it's going to be a great time! ;)

I may bring Linda Clark of Cascade with me. :thumbsup:

That would be awesome to see Linda again! I saw her back in 2005 (I think) when I attended my first show and she took my friend and I all over the place and introduced us to everyone.

Alright, I finally booked my room...somewhat of a slacker but thought I should take care of it before I leave for the weekend.:party:

There is now a form available for anyone who paid, is paying or plans on attending the seminar. I can email it to whoever needs it if it is not already on the website. If anyone doesn't want to pay by paypal and prefers payment through check...that is also available and the information for that is on the form as well. ;)

Awesome, Elisa!:thumbsup: I got your confirmation via paypal as well so you're set for the seminar as well!

Also, just one quick update! Norra wanted me to let everyone know that the hospitality room will consist of quite a few appetizers so if you need a full meal definitely get that in before the hospitality room. There will still be plenty to eat though so leave room for dessert, snacks, and mingling!:dance3:

Just wanted to remind everyone since the seminar is only a WEEK AND A HALF away!!!!:dance3:

Silly question. Is the banquet casual attire or semi-formal?

umm...haha! dressy casual? Is that a good description? You don't have to dress to the nines or dress like you're going to a fancy restaraunt or anything. Just casual but nice is fine for the banquet. Vin Somavia wears a cowboy hat, jeans and a button up shirt, lol. So definitely not super dressy. ;)

Is anyone going located close to Orange County? Another member sarah (rcr) is going and I would like to purchase a box full of supplies and I wanted to see if anyone would be willing to bring them back with them? - It would be great to save the shipping!
Let me know thanks!

I'm flying up to Oakland and my sister is picking me up. If no one can I can probably bring it back with me as a carry-on since I"m allow 2 baggages.

Thanks if no one else offers I might take you up on your offer. I would be purchasing 3 tubes, and about 25 small chew toys+- depending on what she has.

thxs

I'm flying up to Oakland and my sister is picking me up. If no one can I can probably bring it back with me as a carry-on since I"m allow 2 baggages.

I could bring the items back down with me since I'm driving up there...I'm not sure where you are though so I might not be able to take them all the way to you once I'm back down here. I'm in Northern Orange County, btw...like fifteen minutes from Disneyland.

I could bring the items back down with me since I'm driving up there...I'm not sure where you are though so I might not be able to take them all the way to you once I'm back down here. I'm in Northern Orange County, btw...like fifteen minutes from Disneyland.

Awsome im about 10 minutes from where you are. I will let her know.
Thanks btw. I always spend sooo much on shipping :\ (I can drive to your place or meet at a central location whatever you like)

I am sending her an email with what I would like. 3-4 tubes and some apple wood toys (she makes awsome ones). I will email you and let you know what she can bring down.
Thanks again.

Last edited:
All I can say is this was a job well done! I learned SOOO much and am so glad I didn't miss out on this. Tons of info packed into one weekend.

Back