Rough Wood?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caroline

Recently I am having problems with my wood not cutting smoothly when I cut it with the circular saw. I didn't have that problem during the summer when we had no rain. Am wondering if it is because the wood is now wet from the rain and I am adding to it with all the scrubbing I do when I am preparing it or is it the saw blade?

I would try a different saw blade, although, moisture could be part of it

My husband did put a new sawblade on and it was still doing that. What do other people use to cut their wood?

i just use an old hand saw, all i have available to me for wood cutting. my saw is older than me! lol. makes for some tricky maneuvering when i want to make smaller whirlies (i don't dare try cutting coins!), but for my boys' own personal stash of wood, looks don't matter too much, and rough edges i can deal with. they chew them down anyway.

I use a miter saw, I find circular saws are a pain in the but for repetitive cutting... And good luck cutting any thing thick.

I feel it's way safer to have the blade stand still and just go up and down rather than it moving the wood moving and you moving... If circs kick back it's easily very dangerous, when miters kick it just sends the wood flying but not the blade too me that's WAY safer

Last edited:
Back