Rosehips: Crushed or Whole?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
for some odd reason my boys like them whole and my girls like them crushed...maybe they are trying to watch their girlish figure around my hunks :D

Anyone else found that???? That their girls favor certain things more than then boys???? chins do the darndest things :rolleyes:

I always give them whole, never really thought about breaking them.

I just made a pit stop at Lhasa Kharnak, on my way home from class ..got 2 oz. of whole rose hips ....so I will know something shortly. Tentatively, I expect the girls to gobble theirs up ..as they will eat anything ...and Phoenix will probably throw his at me after one nibble. That's his typical modus operandi ..or M.O. :p

As I suspected... Phoenix gave me the stink eye :yuck:

....and the girls took them from my fingers, rolled them a couple times ..and put them down. Yes, 'Sid put a morsel of food DOWN ..lol ..I really don't know what to say. Palay put hers down for a second ..hopped around... came back to it and started munching away. That enticed 'Sid to find out what her "baby" had, so she took hers from me again ..and started chewing it.

Maybe I'll try crushed ..or the "flakey" looking ones they had, too?

Back