Ringworm!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sophiaxfrizzx

Hello so this is my second time posting about ringworm.
For the past 4 months it has gone wild throughout my home and although I’m doing all the things I’m meant to be doing I still can’t get rid of it. I am disinfecting the whole house daily. I’m using tinactin in Walt’s sand baths and cleaning his cage on a daily basis.
My chin Walt got the all clear about 3 weeks ago after a month of oral anti fungal treatment. Unfortunately I got it when he got the all clear and still using the cream I got from my doctor to try clear it.
Three nights ago I was devastated to find that Walt has it back on his right hind leg.
After a virtual call with my vet he prescribed another 28 days of the oral anti fugal medication and also a low dose of imaverol.
He said to wash Walt every second day in it so that whatever may be lingering in his fur will be treated.
Now I’m an experienced chin owner and would never wash a chin. Has anyone else got experience with using this wash?
Also has anyone else got experience with ringworm and any tips you have for clearing it up are welcomed.

Thank you

Back