Ringworm ?

Nwdavis1261

Hi, I just wanted an opinion on this little bald under the base of my chins tail. I actually noticed it the first day I got her which was Saturday, and didn’t think much of it until I went into more depth of research about Chins and ring worm. Does this look like ringworm ? It’s not inflamed out anything. The skin looks a little dry but that is about it. Is it possibly it could be from her bitting/fur chewing in her original home ? Any help will be valuable, thank you so much.

Attachments

Amethyst

Staff member
It looks more like the fur got rubbed or chewed off there. I would keep an eye on it, if the area gets bigger, becomes red or irritated, or you notice the chin chewing on their tail I would get it checked out by a vet. Ringworm is more common on the face, it's a fungous so it needs moisture, but if they sat in pee or something that is possible on the tail. Another possibility is a tail injury they will chew on areas that hurt to try to remove the pain.

Just so you don't get too worried, tail fur takes a long time to grow back, up to 6 months.

Latest posts

Group builder