Reviews on Infomercials

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BooBoo*TheKiddo*

Anyone ever bought something from an Infomercial and the product not work like it was suppose to?

Did you order something from an Infomercial and absolutely love it?

I'm a huge sucker for Infomercials. I think everything is neat. haha I don't order from many of them, but have really thought about it.

So just wanted to start a thread where everyone can talk about the Infomercials they've bought from and if they liked the item they got or not. :)

Maybe save someone else from buying something that didn't work like it was advertised to.

I have never purchased from an infomercial, but I have visited a couple of "As Seen on TV" stores where I could handle and look at the quality of the products. Never been terribly impressed.

I think the only thing we've ever used from infomercials was Proactice (for zits). That worked relatively ok.

But everything else? I can't say from experience owning the stuff, but every time I go on there and see something (and I'm like you, I'm like "omg that's neat!!") I look up reviews for it... and it seems like the reviews are often negative. I remember this thing that looked like a knife that was supposed to be able to saw through a metal pipe... the reviews basically said "it does on tv, I try it at home... not so much." As a result of seeing those reviews, I pretty much never buy something from an infomercial.

Now the gym equipment stuff -- I believe that if you actually use it for 30 minutes a day, x days a week... it probably does tone you up. But does it make you look like the rippled-body supermodel that's shown in the infomercial? eh? maybe not. lol

Just my take. Like I said, I've never ordered anything from there, the reviews keep me away. But would love to hear someone say that they did order and the product was great.

Now the gym equipment stuff -- I believe that if you actually use it for 30 minutes a day, x days a week... it probably does tone you up. But does it make you look like the rippled-body supermodel that's shown in the infomercial? eh? maybe not. lol

Just my take. Like I said, I've never ordered anything from there, the reviews keep me away. But would love to hear someone say that they did order and the product was great.

I saw one the other day while at work that was for toning the muscles of the stomach. It looked super neat and all you had to do was wear it and it crunched your stomach area for you while you went on with your daily routine. I was amused and thought "that would be convenient"

However, seems to good to be true.

That would be convenient! Hey -- you get that, you let me know how it works, ok? I could use to lose the spare tire I have! Lol.

I think I actually have seen that infomercial -- the thing that I would like to see is this -- someone who had a flabby stomach and then used it and see how it turned out. Cause at least in the infomercial I saw, it was these ripped people using it. Well, crud, those people don't need it. I'd like to see someone with some real flab use the thing. Cause ok, in theory, right, it crunches your stomach muscles. Welll... what if you have like 2 inches of flab? Can it still like penetrate through that flab and contract the muscles? Just my thoughts.

my kids bought the bump it.....but it kept falling out and then you could see the silly plastic piece....we also tried the oxyclean powder....and when I used that even if you wipe a brand new clean thing down it will leave the rag grimy like you wiped it in dirt...I swear there is something in that stuff to make you think all the stuff is dirty so you buy more!If there is a good fitness cure send it my way lol!!!

My uncle bought some sort of egg peeler gadget years ago, yeah, it worked on 1 in 20 eggs, but definitely not worth it.

I like SpaceBags, although I do have a couple that leak air after a while, but overall I still like them and just bought a new set (from Amazon, though, I never order directly off the TV ads).

I also like the Genie Bras. I never saw the commercial for them, but my mom did. I ordered a few sets of those after she gave me one in a color she didn't like.

The ShamWows were...not what I expected. Then again, I never washed them the way I was supposed to so that could have something to do with it.

I use OxyClean, but only for laundry purposes, and usually as a pre-soak. I don't notice a huge difference in most things, but when I need to pre-soak a muddy, grimy dog collar, it seems to do its job well.

There's quite a few things we have that were, at least originally, "As Seen On TV" items. Many have been duds, but some have been keepers. I always check the reviews on Amazon or Walmart.com before I buy anything like that.

my kids bought the bump it.....but it kept falling out and then you could see the silly plastic piece....we also tried the oxyclean powder....and when I used that even if you wipe a brand new clean thing down it will leave the rag grimy like you wiped it in dirt...I swear there is something in that stuff to make you think all the stuff is dirty so you buy more!If there is a good fitness cure send it my way lol!!!

I remember the foot patches they used to advertise that supposed pulled all of the toxins out of your body by wearing them at night. They showed them dirty in the morning and everything. We had some in chemistry class and showed that it was just a redox reaction with the moisture on your feet.

I bought those traction treads to put under your wheels if you get stuck in the snow. I haven't had to use them yet since I have an Audi A6 Quattro which is pretty much like a luxury tank in the snow, but they are in my trunk, just in case!!!

I have that Screen that goes back together with magnets. It works pretty well.

I have a Snuggie that I use for camping, but that's about it.

My favorite things on infomercials are the Shake Weight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXHUdvvHTkw .. almost NSFW) - made especially for women!! Kills me every time - it's gotta be a joke right?

And the No!No! Hair Removal system - I can't find the exact video but the guy with the fake british accent kills me, and the "want proof? here's 3 photos" .. yeah cause that's proof alright.

I've never brought anything from Infomercials personally. I do like the idea of the Baby Bullet though!

My cat has a pink snuggie. Will have to see if I can find a photo of her wearing it and giving me the atinkeye. Btw I WAS NOT the own who bought it!

My favorite things on infomercials are the Shake Weight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXHUdvvHTkw .. almost NSFW) - made especially for women!! Kills me every time - it's gotta be a joke right?

And the No!No! Hair Removal system - I can't find the exact video but the guy with the fake british accent kills me, and the "want proof? here's 3 photos" .. yeah cause that's proof alright.

I've never brought anything from Infomercials personally. I do like the idea of the Baby Bullet though!

Who comes up with the names for these products? If the name SOUNDS bad, like the NO!NO! then I'm sure it works equally bad! The idea sounds good...but rarely do they ever work as promised.

Back