Resources on how/why ciprofloxacin is used in chinchillas?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amaine

Hello, everybody!

I'm currently doing an assignment where I'm given a drug, disease, and species of an animal and I have to create a discharge appointment PowerPoint for them. I chose chinchillas, since I personally have two (Bugs and Casper); but MAYBE it was a poor decision, because I'm struggling a bit to find sources on how ciprofloxacin works in chinchillas, the side effects, etc. Or any small rodent, really. Does anybody know of resources I could use to read up on chinchillas (or small critters) and ciprofloxacin? Why is ciprofloxacin used instead of enrofloxacin in chinchillas? What makes it better for them compared to other fluoroquinolones?

In my assignment, ciprofloxacin is being used to treat a chinchilla with bacterial pnuemonia, and is compounded and administered as an oral liquid. Any sources will do so at least I know where to start my search. Thank you! :)

It sounds like a good study. Just curious, if I may ask, is this for a drug company or a government regulatory body?:)

It sounds like a good study. Just curious, if I may ask, is this for a drug company or a government regulatory body?:)

Oops I should've said! No, it's for my Veterinary Technician program. I'm in a Pharmacology course currently and this is my final assignment. Sorry about that!

Oops I should've said! No, it's for my Veterinary Technician program. I'm in a Pharmacology course currently and this is my final assignment. Sorry about that!
No need to say sorry, you're okay. So how is the assignment going by the way?

Back