Resetting chinchillas clocks a bit

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohhnyBishop

Hi All,
Did anyone of you try to reset their clocks a bit so they are more active in the late evening rather than between 2 and 3am?
I think louder TV entertains them a lot but I don't watch TV myself so they keep sleeping.
They react well to the music but after some time they get use to it and just continue sleeping😆
I haven't yet tried a radio with some human voices but this could also help. I think they are on alert when see or hear a stranger.
Do they really bother about the light intensity in the room?
What impact have feeding times to their little internal clocks?
Best regards

Most chins get use to a schedule, so if you normally feed them, give them playtime, etc at a specific times everyday they normally are awake around that time. Also if you go to school or work away from home they get use to when you come home and will often wake up to greet you. I normally do cage cleaning and playtime in the late afternoon since that seems to be when mine is awake. He is also awake when I go to bed around 11pm too, but that could be because I top up his food before I got to bed so he knows and expects fresh food at that time.

Back