Rescue RAILROAD

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not have facilities to house the chins overnight. I have spoken with Michelle H and she and I can not meet up until Sunday. Would you be willing and able to hold them until Sunday Morning.

I do not have facilities to house the chins overnight. I have spoken with Michelle H and she and I can not meet up until Sunday. Would you be willing and able to hold them until Sunday Morning.

okay I am confused, Jill and Michelle H can't meet up until Sunday? Sunday as in today or next Sunday? And Jill who are you asking to hold?

If any chins need to be held then Sonia and myself need to know ASAP. Sonia has extra cages and can hold chins much better than I. I have zero extra cages and if I hold that means they will be in the carrier's Rick made and or cat carriers. I can only make one run to Fredericksburg for chins.

Last edited:
Is Brekai722 - Sonia? She said she had space to hold them if need be. The chins haven't left NC yet - and from what I have read it will be 5-6 hours to Fredericksburg. From Fredericksburg to my meeting Suzi in DC is an hour and from there I need to stop in Bowie to drop 3 chins to Michelle G before heading to Dover DE to meet Michelle H - which will be 2 hours under NORMAL weather conditions. If I am misunderstanding - someone PLEASE correct me.

This being said - if I can't get the chins until 6pm - I can't get them to Michelle before close to 9pm. She and I are not willing to drive unfamiliar roads at night with ice as a very real possibility. Period. We all had thought that meeting up would be earlier - the weather has not been our friend.

I am not trying to be trouble - or cause hardship - I don't have the space or cages to house the chins until I can meet Michelle H - next Sunday - and by NEXT SUNDAY - I mean that - Feb 14th.

Is Brekai722 - Sonia? She said she had space to hold them if need be. The chins haven't left NC yet - and from what I have read it will be 5-6 hours to Fredericksburg. From Fredericksburg to my meeting Suzi in DC is an hour and from there I need to stop in Bowie to drop 3 chins to Michelle G before heading to Dover DE to meet Michelle H - which will be 2 hours under NORMAL weather conditions. If I am misunderstanding - someone PLEASE correct me.

This being said - if I can't get the chins until 6pm - I can't get them to Michelle before close to 9pm. She and I are not willing to drive unfamiliar roads at night with ice as a very real possibility. Period. We all had thought that meeting up would be earlier - the weather has not been our friend.

I am not trying to be trouble - or cause hardship - I don't have the space or cages to house the chins until I can meet Michelle H - next Sunday - and by NEXT SUNDAY - I mean that - Feb 14th.

Yes Sonia is Brekai722. Petersburg to Fredericksurg is 2 hours. Melissa left at 10:30am from Fredericksurg to Petersburg, I can call her now and see where she is at. If chins need to be held until next Sunday, Sonia will have to be the one because I can't hold them with me that long since I have no extra cages. I know Sonia has a few but I don't know if she has enough for 12 chins, it will depend on how many are paired up. One other problem... I don't know if I can pick up next Sunday. If you guys want to have Sonia hold, I will go pick up my chin for sure from her today. But someone else might have to go to Fredericksburg next Sunday.

From what Tiffany just said, I should be able to meet you by 4-5pm

Last edited:
way to go tiff!!

jill--if she is there by 3 how does that affect our time frame.

and suzi..........sonia said she could hold them a few days if this all got pushed back too late due to the weather so jill and i just wanted to know how long she could hold them since neither one of us can really do this during the week and next sunday, valentines day is the only day we can meet.

but i have been waiting to see what time they will be in VA to make my final detemination. if tiffany is on schedule we may just be ok......

I agree I think we are fine... I am going to go take a shower and get ready to hit the road, my plan is to leave by 1pm or so. It should take me one hour or so to get there

Hey Everyone,

No body panic. I have the ability to hold them. They may be in small cages but they are a lot bigger than carriers. If need be I can hold until next Sunday. If need be I can possibly meet Jill at the MD/VA border on Hwy 301 Sunday Morning with those she is picking up if they need to stay here until then. Everyone relax because things will work out.

Sonia

Just heard from Melissa (ilovemytwochins) Tiffany was 70 miles away 30 mins ago, Mellissa is almost to Petersburg. I just heard on the news that 95 north is bad and 495 going into MD is bad

Everyone stop. I just got off the phone with Rick - the truckers report the roads are clear and okay. Michelle G - if you read this - CALL ME IMMEDIATELY.

Sonia--Can you please post when suzi gets there. That will give us a better idea of the time frame we are working with. Thanks so much!

I will be leaving in about 15 mins for Fredericksburg, I might beat Melissa there since I am an hour north and she is two hours south just depends on the roads. Call me if anything comes up, my cell number was sent in an email from Rick, you can also get it from Jill or Sonia

Back