Rescue RAILROAD

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Talk to lauralynne in KS. Hers will be held until the weekend by Tracy_D. I don't know whether she can hold more. Contact them and let me know?

I Will, I WILL!! I'm in Annapolis, but DC isn't but 45 minutes away from me - I would be willing to help pick up in DC and could meet you possibly in Delaware. Let me know.....I miss my guys - and would LOVE to help!!!

Jill

I could meet you in the DC area! Lets make this work! :dance3:

Alright Suzi, you beat me! Let me know if you need more transport room ladies!

Last edited:
I contacted Laura and will go from there and contact you what I find out.

Do you have an anticipated release date yet?

Do you have an anticipated release date yet?

No idea. They till Thursday or Friday to appeal.

The routes are firming up. Chins will be held by Tracy in Plano to go north to KS. Tamara will take chins in Dallas and Peggy will take some to Houston.

I will drive from Dallas to Memphis with everything left.

Patricia from the Bunderground will take chins & hedgies to Jillian in St Louis. Jillian will head north to Palos Heights to Sandi who will help get the chins to their final stops. I will be sending email out about this shortly.

I will drive to Nashville with everthing left.

Amanda will pick up chins going to KY and IN.

I will drive to VA with the chins going to Sonia in Fredericksburg. Melissa or Susan will take some to the DC area and meet with Jill who will continue to NJ. Tiffany is willing to drive north to transfer the north VA/NJ chins, if someone can drive down to meet her. This would let me meet her in Roxboro and save a lot of time.

Otherwise, I will head south and meet Tiffany and then continue to Kayla in Fayetteville.

From there I will go to Jacksonville, FL to give some to Crysta. There may be a meet on I-95 with a GA person. Then on to Pensacola with Gloria's. Then home.

Everyone concerned will be getting their contacts' info shortly.

We can probably count on this plan being disrupted by the weather at some point.

Last edited:
as far as dates, I am have some vacation time coming up. I will have plenty of time on the 20th, 22nd, and 23rd to drive around. 21st, I will be busy in the evening but I am open during the day. If things happen before this my schedule will be a little crazy but I am sure it can be worked out, the 18th and 19th will be the worse dates for me. I have a total of 5 cat carriers and can borrow more if needed, however I can for sure only fit 4 cat carriers safely in my car (I did a test today). It does not matter how many chins I pick up from Sonia and bring with me to Northern VA, Melissa can follow me in her car, and heck if we need a third car, one of my family members can help out as well. Jill will probably need to come pick up at my house since I will have more chins than I can carry in my car. Chins can overnight with me if needed.

Last edited:
"Jillian will head north to Palos Heights to Sandi who will help get the chins to their final stops."
This will change.

I have no idea of the dates, yet. There will be 3 days notice for VA.

"Jillian will head north to Palos Heights to Sandi who will help get the chins to their final stops."
This will change.

^ It sounds like you're still sorting out details. Anyone traveling from St. Louis to the Chicago area has to pass straight by my town. I know everything is hinging on when the chins are released, but if it helps I can adjust my schedule to be free by 3:30 on weekdays. I'm also free this entire weekend through Monday for the holiday if things happen that soon.

The chin carriers are 24"x8"x8" and can possibly be stacked if they can be secured with a seat belt. I'll try that tomorrow. I have 64 holes built and 22 evacuation carriers for longer term holding as well as a few travel cages to let some stretch their legs.

The SPCA has advised that when the chins are released the paperwork and loading can be done quickly. A few hours at most.

Jill will likely meet me in Dover Deleware. Again, if there is ANYONE is the area of Deleware to New Jersey that is interested in rescuing one of these guys, I would be glad to transport them for you and you can pick up at my home in Jersey, after your application is approved by Rick. I believe I am currently tranporting 6 but i have an suv and could transport more if necessary. I also have access to several cat carriers.

Jill will probably need to come pick up at my house since I will have more chins than I can carry in my car. Chins can overnight with me if needed.

This shouldn't be a problem - as long as I have directions/address and phone number we'll make it happen.

Jill will likely meet me in Dover Deleware. Again, if there is ANYONE is the area of Deleware to New Jersey that is interested in rescuing one of these guys, I would be glad to transport them for you and you can pick up at my home in Jersey, after your application is approved by Rick. I believe I am currently tranporting 6 but i have an suv and could transport more if necessary. I also have access to several cat carriers.

I will be coming up through DC into Maryland and then to Delaware. I guess if anyone in the MD area is also interested in adopting - they should also get an application to Rick.

>So are you counting me out at this point Rick? I keep seeing changes

Sorry, I should have contacted you. My apologies. Your offer is appreciated but tomorrow is the 15th and that is your last day of availability? And unless we can make the connection between Sonia and Tiffany I would need to go there anyway.

Hopefully the changes will slow down. Everything seems mostly under control. Now the need is tying up loose ends and building in some redundancy- just in case.

The route Memphis-St Louis-Genoa is set and waiting a last confirmation.

The route Nashville-KY-IN is set and waiting a last confirmation.

The route Durham-Petersburg-Fredericksberg-DC-Dover-NJ is set and waiting last confirmations.

Deliveries to Fayetteville and Savannah are confirmed.

The Florida deliveries are confirmed. Crysta is the contact in Jax.

The delivery to Pensacola is confirmed.

We are pretty much ready to go, even if they tell me tomorrow to come.

Day 1 NO to Dallas;
Day 2 Dallas to Memphis-Nashville-part way to Durham.
Day 3 Durham to Jax
Day 4 Jax to Pensacola to NO.
Total mileage: 3006 miles. 69 chins delivered.
I have allowed for 3 days for delays, 1 of which will likey happen in Dallas.

In Arlington

I live here in the Dallas Arlington Area if anyone needs help please let me know.

I am waiting on a PA adoption application. I'll email you.

Thanks!

The weather is not looking good - a big snow storm is expected to come up the coast Friday and Sat. I would assume (right) that the chins would have to stay at someone's home for a day or two???

Back