Renovation Noise

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zahrii

I have an opportunity to get part of my house renovation done early with me being able to stay in the house. It was originally planned to take place a month ago, but got stopped because of the virus. The rest of the renovations will be done in June. These early renovations will be the kitchen, specifically the floors and counters. The majority of the noise will be done in around two days, with most of the noise lasting around eight hours per day. For the first day, cupboards will be ripped out and replaced. On the second day, the floors and the counter tops will be put in.

I'm worried about the noise affecting my two chins. The room they are in is next to the kitchen, separated by a wall and a door (though that's pretty obvious). If the early renovation is to take place, it'll be cheaper on my end and it will make the renovation in June take less time. Really the only con is the noise. I'm not even sure if the vet/boarding facility that they go to would be willing to take them in for a couple days, but I'm thinking that it wouldn't even be worth it stress-wise for them to go back and forth just for two days.

Will the renovation noise be okay as long as they're in a different room, or will I have to postpone the early renovation or find a place to board the chins?

I don't know about the cupboards but my husband and I redid the flooring in the room right next to the one the chins are in and they were fine. Could you maybe play some music or something to help drowned out the noise if it's too loud. They might stress out just as much if not more getting moved around as they would staying put, so I would just leave them.

I agree with leaving them and maybe adding some tv or background music. Nothing too loud. We have had a roof replaced twice while having our chinchillas and it was very loud. Marble was slightly irritated, ZZ was completely unfazed.

We had our roof done this past January(complete tear off too). I agree with some sort of white noise, we did a loud fan, although I know that probably didn't help much when they were above their room.
They didn't seem to really mind. I'd pop in when I could and they were usually sleeping.

Back