• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Chins-N-Hedgies and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Rehoming Chinchilla

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brittneyk13

Daisy🌺
Hi Everyone!

I had to make the difficult decision to rehome my chinchilla. She is about 6 years old and the sweetest girl. She will come with all supplies and her critter nation cage (2 levels). I am charging a rehoming fee of $200 (price negotiable, don't care about the money just want her to go to a good home). I am in the Philly area (Pennsylvania) but willing to travel for the right person.

Thank you!!daisy 1.jpg cage.jpg

Last edited:
I think I could make a great owner for her after Covid 19 settles down. I currently have a young hedgehog and have had past experience with chinchillas. I am able to devote lots of time to her, especially because she is a single instead of a pair.

I believe that anyone with the right knowledge and dedication to an animal can make a great owner no matter what age they are. Please do not assume I am incapable because of my age.
Yeah I got my first chinchilla when i had just turned 14. I did a lot of research on them and have given Roo the bets life she can have. I think it really depends on the kid. One with enough maturity and resposiblity can keep one. Someone who can respect them and be reliable for them. It does depend on the child but you should never assume that one cant be a great owner

Hi Everyone!

I had to make the difficult decision to rehome my chinchilla. She is about 6 years old and the sweetest girl. She will come with all supplies and her critter nation cage (2 levels). I am charging a rehoming fee of $200 (price negotiable, don't care about the money just want her to go to a good home). I am in the Philly area (Pennsylvania) but willing to travel for the right person.

Thank you!!View attachment 20806 View attachment 20807
Is she still available?

Please don't let your chinchilla be adopted for a child. Chinchillas are too delicate and could get hurt.
My son got his chinchillas at age 10, nearly two years ago. He is absolutely great with them. They had only been with their previous owner 6 months and she thought the person she'd gotten them from had also only had them less than a year. The male was pretty wild. My son was extremely patient and the male is now as sweet and tame as can be. I have helped him with them but would never have been as patient for so long as my son has been. He has a gift and a real heart for animals. He is always telling me something about his 3 chinchillas' behaviors and personalities. Yeah, please don't judge all kids as being too rough and immature.

My son got his chinchillas at age 10, nearly two years ago. He is absolutely great with them. They had only been with their previous owner 6 months and she thought the person she'd gotten them from had also only had them less than a year. The male was pretty wild. My son was extremely patient and the male is now as sweet and tame as can be. I have helped him with them but would never have been as patient for so long as my son has been. He has a gift and a real heart for animals. He is always telling me something about his 3 chinchillas' behaviors and personalities. Yeah, please don't judge all kids as being too rough and immature.
Honestly I totally agree that children can be mature and fully capable of responsibilities like this some more than others. Honestly I think the biggest concern of buying a chinchilla for a child is that they can live such a long time as a child’s life moves on they will typically have less and less time for their animal. Some moved to college, most get jobs, and most are in school and extra curricular activities that come along with that.

I think that it’s perfectly fine for children to have them as pets as long as obviously they are kind, gentle, mature, and fully know their research and the responsibilities attached to them. if a parent is going to allow them to get a chinchilla as a pet they should know and be willing to take over responsibilities of the animal if the child looses interest or time for it.

Hi is this still available ? I am also located in the Philadelphia area and have been searching for a chinchilla forever.

Please don't let your chinchilla be adopted for a child. Chinchillas are too delicate and could get hurt.
Sorry, but thats ridiculous. Kids are just as capable of taking care of pets as anyone else. I know many people under the age of 18, including myself, that own chinchillas. There is nothing wrong with it as long as you take good care of your pet and are careful. Plus, it's not like you will bread their leg if you hold them wrong, I get that they are delicate but so are many other small pets yet they are fine having kids as their caretaker.

I think what was initially intended was that small children ages 4 to ~7 (and not in all cases).... should not be given any pet unless they fully understand the responsibility of caring for the pet properly. Bunnies come to mind around Easter time many bunnies are given to children as pets/toys. Unfortunately, after Easter the bunnies are neglected and fall into poor health. Anyone that's a member of Chins and Hedgies most certainly knows how to properly take care of their precious animal. C&H is a very knowledgeable, resourceful and supportive family. 💗

Back