Random Photos Due to Boredom...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

threewingedfury

<3 BIG and Blocky <3
Got bored today after I had a nice family come over and look at my chins, so I decided to take a bunch of photos, nothing in particular. Figured I'd share.

First off is Priscilla, my bowling ball chin. I wish all of my females were as large as she is. Her rolls are the cutest things in the world. I poke them :p She reminds me of the chunky ghost from Casper.
DSC_0499.jpg

Then there's Hank and Andariel. Andariel is the chin that had severe mastitis and I thought I was gonna lose her. After months of hand feeding and antibiotics, I finally got her cleared up. She had dropped down to almost below 500g by mid-February. I've got her up to 780g now, so she's improving very well. I wasn't gonna put her back with Hank because I didn't like the bellies on two of the kits she gave me before, but figured I'd try one more time to see if I consistently get eb bellies from this pair.
DSC_0494.jpg

Galadriel and Hydrogen.. just because they're too cute
DSC_0491.jpg

Two-toned chinnie? No, that's just Zane and hiding his face from the camera, little shy guy.
DSC_0490.jpg

This is the cutest picture. My babies posed so perfect when I said 'Cheese!'. This is my standard violet carrier and violet quad. They were so easy to introduce, never have I had a problem with them. I don't like colonies because I've hair problems with pairs before, but I was lucky with these guys. Hopefully we'll have violets from them soon!
DSC_0486.jpg

A two headed chinnie? I MUST work on this mutation..
DSC_0480.jpg

Mariska, my black velvet violet carrier cutie and her mean ol stink eye. I think she's angry because I didn't give her loose hay this morning. Poor baby.
DSC_0489.jpg

They're adorable! I've of course got a soft spot for Hydrogen...that little fluff ball is just too darned cute! :hearts:

Last edited:
Awww your pics gave me a big ol' grin! Especially baby Hydrogen and the two headed chinnie! :D

The pictures are so cute. I love the 'bowling ball' chin. I appreciate the picture of Andariel, since she is Lance's mom. Lance is great by the way - love his disposition. He also seems to be growing into a nice quality chin. Don't mind the 'dirty belly' since he will be use for wraps. Thanks again for the picture - too cute

Your chinnies are so sweet!!!

Ohhhh if you only knew. 50% of my chinnies should see a psychiatrist. They fail in the "sweet" department, and get an A+ in the looney tunes department. Most of my girls are sprayers or uber crazy cackers that shoot to the door to bite your hand for invading their space. You should meet my Trinity, ehehehe - she's definitely far from sweet. Sadly, I love it! I seem to shoot for the temperamental chins because they have great personalities ;-)

Andariel has such beautiful eyes. All the chins are stunning. Now talk your white female into cooking me up a huge white female kit to add to my herd derned it!

I put my big standard Jesse in with his new brides yesterday. A trio in one cage. Jesse is such a gentleman. The beige female really loves him and the standard isn't too sure what to think of him just yet.

I know what you mean by spazz chins. I have the sapphires. Diablo is insane. A hundred miles an hour of nuts on four legs. I need to get him a wheel for crying out loud. And his wife Octavia is a spazz too. And I just "LOVE" getting sprayed when I take her out of the play pen. :skeptical:

Well, I've never had a problem with my kits whatsoever as far as temperament goes. I know that genetics plays a part in temperament, but luckily I haven't had a bad apple just yet. In fact, Andariel is a nut of a chin. She's a major sprayer and won't let me even put hay in her cage unless I get sprayed. She doesn't like scritches, nor did she ever like me touching her kits, but every single one of her kits have great dispositions. Maybe it's just because I spend a lot of time with the kits, I don't know. It's just ironic that when I pick out chins for breeders, I end up with the crazy ones, maybe I'm just more attracted to them because I'm crazy? :laughitup:

As far as white babies go - wait until August, I have 4 whites due in that month and I've got 3 REALLY large standard females in with a white male from Shoots, including Priscilla the bowling ball chin. I'm working on one for ya ;-)

Back