QC Cage: Frustrated.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3CsMommy

My babies Rock!
Western NY aka: Our Zoo. (We only lack a bird.)
So not only do I have a QC cage with a chipping pan (that's been addressed in a different thread), but my chin has discovered that some of the wire clamps at the corners are loose, so he can rattle them to get my attention or when he's bored. If the cage weren't in my bedroom (the most cat proof area of the house, and the only room w/ AC) it wouldn't be such a problem. But, it's driving me bonkers. :wacko:

I don't know of a glue that'll hold them that's still safe for chins. I tried to crimp one more tightly, but the pliers I have couldn't get the plastic part of the clamps to crack/bend enough. That one's looser than ever, so now it's his favorite stop on that side of the cage.

Has anyone had this problem and found a work around? Taking them off is NOT an option since they're primarily on the same side and I don't want him figuring out how to pry that side open (which he would). I'm saving for a new cage (Critter Nation here we come!) but in the mean time, I also need to sleep. :hair:

Any thoughts?

I don't know what cage you have but my QC cages all have metal clips. If you have a farm or feed store so there and usually in the rabbit section you can get j-clips and pliers, or if you're patient you can get them clipped with regular pliers. Or you can order them online from any cage supplies store.

I love my QC cages..

I don't have a QC, so I can't quite picture what you're talking about, but can you maybe tie fleece around them/under them, or wrap it somehow to stifle the rattling?

I don't know what cage you have but my QC cages all have metal clips. If you have a farm or feed store so there and usually in the rabbit section you can get j-clips and pliers, or if you're patient you can get them clipped with regular pliers. Or you can order them online from any cage supplies store.

I love my QC cages..

Same here.

They are metal clips, but there appears to be some kind of plastic spacer between the layers of them. Now that I've looked more closely, they're just like the ones holding the door on. Is that different from your QCs?

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try at Tractor Supply and Ag Way tomorrow to see about the J clips. Think they'd have metal zip ties too? If they wouldn't, there's a hardware store in town that I swear meets up with the Narnia Wardrobe or the Room of Requirement or something. I've never walked out of it empty handed.

I am confused. No of my QC cages have layers to the clips that hold them together. It's just a metal clip. Hopefully, one of the suggestions on here will work for you.

Back