Pumpkin seeds

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aashly23

Mommy to Max and Mia!
When I got Mia the owner gave me a bag of treats that she normally ate. It included pumpkin seeds, almonds and cheerios. She loved all of them. Since it's coming up on Halloween and my stepkids always carve pumpkins I thought I may save some of the seeds for my chins but I don't know how to prepare them. Can anyone give me any help?

I know most people don't give seeds or nuts to their chins because of the fat content. I don't know what the nutritional value of pumpkin sees are (thought they are delicious), but I would be inclined not to give them to my own chins.

I am curious if pumpkin is ok to give to cihns (sick chins mixed in ground pellets) why are a few pumpkin seeds ok?? I don't give to my chins but was wondering

I am curious if pumpkin is ok to give to cihns (sick chins mixed in ground pellets) why are a few pumpkin seeds ok?? I don't give to my chins but was wondering

In general, most seeds are very fatty, therefore not good for chins. The actual fruit may not be, but the seeds of the fruit are. Most seeds are also high in proteins which is not ideal for chins.

Back