Project Pedro

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chinchillaville13

As (probably) none of you know, I am learning the guitar. As more of you know, I have a chinchilla named Pedro. And he gave me a genius idea.

I was practicing some chords, when Pedro went insane. He started jumping around, with (as far as I know) no intention or goal. As I'm typing this, he is sitting on a ledge centered on the front of his cage, close to the top. His observation deck, if you will. I'll play a G and type below what happens.

He flinches once. I play it again, he jumps down to his large shelf, down to the top of his hut, and sits for a couple seconds. He then jumps into his bedding. back to the top of the hut, sits for a couple seconds. He then makes his way, quickly, to his observation deck.

Now a C. He jumps down to the hut, sits for about a second, climbs the side of his cage, jumps back down when he hits the bottom of his large shelf, and ten hops on the top of his hut. He then quickly makes his way back to the observation deck.

I was about to try a D, when I noticed he was staring at me with what I think was curiosity. As he stared, he was jumping around to different shelves, ledges, etc. He made his way around the cage slowly. He ended up back at the observation deck.

Now I'll try a D chord. He went straight to the top of the hut, sat for a few seconds, stared at me, stared at my rabbit (who is eating some cabbage), and went straight back to the observation deck.

I noticed I played that D incorrectly. I tried for a correct one, and he just stayed and listened the first time. I strummed it again with my new favorite pick, a shiny, white pick with Travelin' Band written in blue, over Sawyer Brown, also written in blue. I got it from a Sawyer Brown concert in March. This time, Pedro jumped on his small hammock, onto a nearby ledge (same size, different placement, compared to the observation deck), and sat for a very short amount of time. Then he jumped onto his large shelf and climbed up to the observation deck.

I strummed an F Major, and he jumped onto the large shelf, stared for a couple seconds at me, jumped down to the top of his hut, clinged to the side of his cage, did a flip of some sort off the side, landed in some bedding. he stared for a couple seconds, and made his way quickly back to the observation deck.

I strummed an E Major, and it sounded bad the first time. He sat and watched. Then I tried one correctly, and he jumped onto a nearby ledge, onto his small hammock, onto his shelf, then climbed back up to his observation deck, without stopping to stare, listen, or think.

I'm gonna call that good. What do y'all think? i want to study this more, I call it Project Pedro, named after the crazy little guy who was listening to me play. I want to try all sorts of audios and see how chinchillas react. Share your experiences with chinchillas and noise! And try some of the stuff I try, let me know what your chin does!

Just tried an A Major as well. Played it incorrectly twice, and correctly once. All times, Pedro sat on the observation deck and listened. Didn't even flinch.

Also, can you change titles of threads? I just thought of a better name: Project Chinstrument! Much better

Back